Sign in to follow this  
Bobykim

Is FS9 eol?

Hello, I just red that Aerosoft has released the EHAM scenery. So apparently its not eol yet. But looking at PMDG, FS9 is dead and its a shame (looking at the next 737 NG project)Twice i flew around the world online with a friend with the PMDG 747 and the PDMG 737-800. I flew about 300 logged flights within Europe = +/- 450 hours. I know the planes, the airports (mostly in EU) difficult approaches ect. Came far with FSpassengers. Even FSpassengers is eol concerning FS9. There will be no FS9 updates anymore. Sad...truly sad. FSX is not in reach and never will be due to the heavy system impact. (maybe in 2018 we'll bee able to get the framerates like FS9). Hopefully Aerosoft will and can go for the new sim but that is a whole different story. I will scream when its in the stores...As an alternative i going from the sky into the water: Hunting down ships in Silent hunter. Captains, co-pilots, plane crew and passengers. It has been a pleasure! I wish you all good departures and landingsSigning off, Boby Kim

Hello, I just red that Aerosoft has released the EHAM scenery. So apparently its not eol yet. But looking at PMDG, FS9 is dead and its a shame (looking at the next 737 NG project)Twice i flew around the world online with a friend with the PMDG 747 and the PDMG 737-800. I flew about 300 logged flights within Europe = +/- 450 hours. I know the planes, the airports (mostly in EU) difficult approaches ect. Came far with FSpassengers. Even FSpassengers is eol concerning FS9. There will be no FS9 updates anymore. Sad...truly sad. FSX is not in reach and never will be due to the heavy system impact. (maybe in 2018 we'll bee able to get the framerates like FS9). Hopefully Aerosoft will and can go for the new sim but that is a whole different story. I will scream when its in the stores...As an alternative i going from the sky into the water: Hunting down ships in Silent hunter. Captains, co-pilots, plane crew and passengers. It has been a pleasure! I wish you all good departures and landingsSigning off, Boby Kim
No, not even close to eol IMHO. As you said we just got another great scenery release today, we just had the phenomenal EGCC a couple of weeks ago, Throw in REX that was recently released and for me FS9 still has PLENTY to offer.PMDG has said that nothing is definite although yes it appears they will nix FS9 support but that certainly does not mean the sim itself is dead... FSPassengers has not had the promised FS9 update in years so not sure why you would expect one now... Yet at the same time there are still plenty of FS9 releases and I feel like for some FS9 has just found its groove in the past year or so...But regardless, we are not here to debate and beat an already dead horse so thank you for your post and enjoy your hunts... Just don't shoot any of us FS9 guys down as we fly over your sub on our way to so many stunning destinations in FS9 ;)Cheers,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Boby:From a strict definition of the term "End of Life" BOTH FS9 and FSX are both End of Life. EOL products are products that are no longer are manufactured a company. Actually, the entire "Microsoft Flight Simulator" product line has been rendered EOL when the team at Aces got fired. But don't confuse end of life with what the developers choose to develop 3rd party products for. Developer's sole purpose is to make money, period. Developing for both platforms cuts into their profit margins so they are starting to only develop for FSX and not FS9 hoping to kill off FS9 usage and force a move to FSX. Whether that tactic will work remains to be seen but I do know this was tried when FSX was initially released and they all wen't back to developing for both sims due to lack of sales. I believe that they now think that the time is right to move to FSX development only because technology is beginning to allow FSX to perform above slide-show speeds. Personally, I believe that this tactic will backfire and contribute to quite a few people simply walking away from the hobby rather than start from scratch....but that is just my opinion.Anyway. As to your question is FS9 EOL? Yes. And I still getting immense enjoyment out of it? Yes. Will I stop using it? Yes, when you pry it out of my cold dead hands.

Its at BOL, begining of life, since now you can fly instead of buying, tuning, and installing!

HelloFs9 is just getting into its stride, has not even stretched its legs yet

Radar Contact uses FSUIPC for its interface to FS9 and FSX. FSUIPC continues to support both FSX and FS9.RC5 to be released whenever is planned to support both as long as makerwys (the utility from the FSUIPC developer that is a component of the RC scenery database build and supports both FS formats) and FSUIPC support both.I myself have a quite a few $$$ into payware FS9 scenery and an aircraft add-ons and a weather add-on plus flight planner. I have customized several freeware aircraft panels and these models meet my needs.I also have a few payware Reality-XP FS gauge suites and plan to get an airliner set (includes two FMC types from:http://isgsim.com/?page=featureswhich accepts (at this time free) AIRAC updates provided by the developer as he does for FSBuild.I have FS Panel Studio to continue placing gauges into panels.I don't see a need to throw the dollars and time invested away to upgrade to FS9. and purchase new hardware to run it.I also see some products continue to be released for FS9 but at a slower rate.