Sign in to follow this  
MichaelTurner

Had JS41 for 2 days - not yet off the ground

I have the CD version of JS41 (v1.10.1016) and run Win 7, FSX SP2 on a rig with 4gb RAM, 2 core CPU and a GTX260.I've tried using the Tutorial1 flight as well as loading a default aircraft and switching to the JS41.I'm experiencing several problem which all seem to be related to clicking on various items.Speed card -when I click on this it moves to the pedestal but the cover is completely black and it doesn't respond to further clicks so I can neither open it nor move it off the pedestal.Clicking on the designated hot spots or pressing shift+Number doesn't bring up the 2D windows but I can open these using the FSX/View/Instruments menuRamp manager - SHIFT+2 doesn't bring up the ramp manager but using /fsx/Views/instruments does. However all the items are RED and clicking on them has no effect. Consequently I am unable to access the GPU. Even if the GPU is visible on an external view, it does not respond to the switch in the cabin ie clicking on does not bring it online. Otherwise clicking seems to work fine eg turning dials, switching on off, amending the load sheet etc. Also SHIFT+E operates the door properly.Any help with these problems would be much appreciated

Michael... I know that your username is your real name, but it would appea that PMDG insists on everyone signing their posts at the bottom with their real names... just as an aside...Now, it looks to me as if you haven't activated the JS41...If you run in full screen mode, you will not see the activation window that should appear the first time the JS41 loads. The best way to do this is to switch to the JS41 before you have loaded up any flight, even default, in the select aircraft from menu window. The activation code input window should appear then...Andrew

Problem solved (I think) :( . I reinstalled Sp1 and SP2 and now all is working. I think when I installed FSX I installed SP2 but not SP1 having read somewhere that SP1 wasn't necessary if SP2 was installed. Clearly that wasn't correct and that was the problem.Time to load up the tutorial again and get back into the cockpit.Michael Turner