Sign in to follow this  
Guest mandolfovic

Rex or Ground Environment + Flight Environment?

Guest mandolfovic

Hey! Just an easy question, what is best, Ground Environment + Flight Environment or Real Environment Xtreme? :)

I would definitely go with Real Environment Xtreme. Flight Environment was released in 2005 if my memory serves me right. Even with update I personally don't thinkt that FE can't match REX. Go with Ground Environment Professional and Real Environment Xtreme, and you'll be a happy simmer =)

Guest mandolfovic
I would definitely go with Real Environment Xtreme. Flight Environment was released in 2005 if my memory serves me right. Even with update I personally don't thinkt that FE can't match REX. Go with Ground Environment Professional and Real Environment Xtreme, and you'll be a happy simmer =)
Thanks big time mate, or as we say in sweden. Tack s

Hey! Just an easy question, what is best, Ground Environment + Flight Environment or Real Environment Xtreme? :)
You are probably better off to get REX 2004 and Ground Environment Pro 11 if you can afford it. As someone else in this forum said , it turns FS9 into FS9.75.Gerry

Guest Tingoose

I would add to this thread that some, and I count myself amongst them, who find the superimposition of photorealistic clouds with no photoreal thextures of many airports, ground textures etc at times a bit jarring . . . a bit like those photographic 2d panels bmps that some favour which to me look odd in the non photo environment of fs2004. And to this end I personally find the cloud textures of FE blend more harmoniously. I guess I'm in the minority here but just if you haven't made your mind up yet it might be a point worth considering. Finally I am just talking about the cloud textures here. There are comparisons in the water textures to be made too . . . not to mention in the case of REX runway textures etc. The latter have no interest for me as I oly use payware airports but, again . . . something to throw into the equation.

You are probably better off to get REX 2004 and Ground Environment Pro 11 if you can afford it. As someone else in this forum said , it turns FS9 into FS9.75.Gerry
Add Zinerteck's Water add-on in place of REX's water options and you have FS9.85 (a little edit is need for excessive coral reefing in the Caribbean but that's about it). FS add-ons too much Coral with textures that REX omitted and blended in with everything else. I had to make the same adjustments with Zinertek once I found REX addressed the issue.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest djt01
Here are some screens of FS9, UT USA, Canada, Alaska, GE Pro II and REX FS2004 which do breathe new life into FS2004 -http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=276284ASUS Rampage II Extreme (1802 BIOS) Intel Core i7-975 Extreme Edition w/Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme 1366 RTMushkin Redline Ascent 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) (6-7-6-18-1N)Asus/ATI 5870 (Catalyst 10.2)Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1tyWD VelociRaptor 150GB

Guest mandolfovic

Thanks for all your help youre awesome everyone!

Here are some screens of FS9, UT USA, Canada, Alaska, GE Pro II and REX FS2004 which do breathe new life into FS2004 -http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=276284ASUS Rampage II Extreme (1802 BIOS) Intel Core i7-975 Extreme Edition w/Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme 1366 RTMushkin Redline Ascent 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) (6-7-6-18-1N)Asus/ATI 5870 (Catalyst 10.2)Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1tyWD VelociRaptor 150GB

Guest fs2004josh

I use REX for my clouds and the overall environment, my water i use zinerteks new ultimate water advanced, GE Pro for textures, FSGenesis for mesh and landclass and ASE for weather

Guest djt01
I use REX for my clouds and the overall environment, my water i use zinerteks new ultimate water advanced
I was thinking of going with Zinertek

Guest mandolfovic
I was thinking of going with Zinertek's Ultimate Water Advanced also, but I'm wondering if REX next service pack might improve the issues with water color and the waves. ASUS Rampage II Extreme (1802 BIOS) Intel Core i7-975 Extreme Edition w/Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme 1366 RTMushkin Redline Ascent 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) (6-7-6-18-1N)Asus/ATI 5870 (Catalyst 10.2)Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1tyWD VelociRaptor 150GB

Guest djt01
But you are using REX for the water effects now? :D because your water and waves are way more realistic than mine i don't know why :o
Do you have the water option in FS9 at it

Guest mandolfovic
Do you have the water option in FS9 at it's maximum setting?
Yes i have (ive tried both Terrain detail, land & water, and Water Quality High), and im sure i have the right settings on REX and installed the new theme but i cant see any change from FS9 original water... Look here:As you can see REX has modified the clouds and the sky... Strange isnt it? :( Ps!thanks for your help!-sass.jpgasss.jpg