Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Americanvet

FSX Question

How do I get rid of the rocks and dust while taxiing in FSX?Michael DavisPMDG B1900C, JS4100, 737-700/800/900 (FS9), 747-400, 747-400F, MD-11

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Best we can tell this is just a bug in the sim - if you land under certain conditions that effect remains there while you taxi.

The issue is like Ryan stated but to add to it, if you take off from a wet runway, you will then carry this effect with you until you restart FSX. The rocks that you're describing sounds like the dirt/grass RWY effect that will also stay with you under certain circumstances. Some times you will even be able to see the effect on the ground following you @ 400+ knots, and other times I have seen it stay right under my aircraft :( It's pretty bizarre but does look kind of cool when landing at a wet runway, almost to show the effect the thrust is having on the water on the tarmac even several feet above. Both effect issues (rubble or water mist) seems to stay from start of taxi, through flight (although not normally noticed while flying at alt) to touchdown and final Taxi to gate.