Sign in to follow this  
Chris Catalano

Can't track ILS anymore! Help!

Hi Everyone:I have taken 3 flights with FS2Crew, each terminating at NY JFK. For the first time ever, every time I try to capture the ILS for 22L, it seems the aircraft goes crazy - it just gets close to the capture, and then starts to take on a mind of its own instead of capturing the glideslope, turning in circles, or just flying aimlessly while the wings seems to rock back and forth. I never had this happen before in the 767. What am I doing wrong? I can't even seem to get the autopilot to track the heading once this happens. LNAV becomes useless, and nothing seems to work normally after this. The only way for me to fly the approach seems to be to try to hand fly it with the A/P off. Anyone have ANY ideas what is wrong? Like I said, I never had this problem until I installed FS2Crew, so I must be doing something wrong...Thank,Chris Catalano

Hi Chris, Never had that one reported before and FS2Crew doesn't touch the 767 internals, so it's hard to guess.I'd start by checking you have all the latest 767 updates installed.Best,
OK - I just tried to patch up to SP2a for the 767, but it overwrote FS2Crew. I tried reinstalling that. It seems to be installed, but before I ever got back to the ILS problem, my whole system crashed. However, something more alarming keeps happening: I keep trying these short flights (this past one from Boston to NY Long Island Islip). When I load the FMC flight plan (saved already) (KBOSKISP), the progress page keeps telling me that KISP os 4000 miles away. Same thing happend with my Syracuse to NY JFK flight. The trip distance is over 2,000 miles. It aparently seems to think I am still in my tutorial flight from last night (KSFOKLAX), or at least I think that is what's going on. I did not even import the panel state this time as I did with the Syracuse flights. I am really at a loss. The PMDG 737 FS2Crew I bought years ago worked so much better for me. Whenever I do not use FS2Crew, things seem to work normally. Do you have any ideas what is wrong with the FMC in that it can't seem to figure out my current position? I even installed my latest AIRAC files, so they are pretty current...Thanks,Chris

Hi Chris,SP2a didn't overwrite FS2Crew... it probably just overwrote the panel.cfg that has the FS2Crew entries.So install SP2a again, then re-install FS2Crew. Or use the FS2Crew Start Center and hit the restore panel.cfg button twice.Make sure all FS2Crew updates are installed.Regarding distance issue... after loading the FMC, re enter the airport ref ICAO code on the POS INIT page and update the coordinates.... your FMC thinks you're in SFO.Best,

Hi Chris,SP2a didn't overwrite FS2Crew... it probably just overwrote the panel.cfg that has the FS2Crew entries.So install SP2a again, then re-install FS2Crew. Or use the FS2Crew Start Center and hit the restore panel.cfg button twice.Make sure all FS2Crew updates are installed.Regarding distance issue... after loading the FMC, re enter the airport ref ICAO code on the POS INIT page and update the coordinates.... your FMC thinks you're in SFO.Best,
It seems to work now. I did a perfiect ILS landing into KBOS last night. Thanks to you, it seems to be working well now. 2 last questions:1) I used to be able to auto set the altimeter to the actual correct value by hitting the "B" key - now it only calls for the altimeter when I do this. Is there a way to still "auto set" the altimeter as when I am NOT using FS2Crew?2) The FMC used to auto tune the ILS in the FMC AND on the lower pedestal. Even though I still have "FMC auto tunes ILS" set, is there a way that it can still auto tune it on the pedestal (as when I am NOT using FS2Crew)?Thanks for all the help.Chris Catalano

Hi Chris,Glad you got it solved.1. Not sure I quite follow the question.2. I'm not sure. You might want to ask the Level-D support forum about that one.Best,
To restate my question, when I am not using FS2Crew, anytime I hit the "B" key, it automatically adjusts the settings on my altimeter to the correct number. When I AM using FS2Crew, this seems disabled, and the only thing I get when I hit the B key is the Captain saying the word "Altimeter." The auto adjust of the altimeter seems to not work any more unless I am not running FS2Crew. Understand the question better now? Any ideas?Chris

To restate my question, when I am not using FS2Crew, anytime I hit the "B" key, it automatically adjusts the settings on my altimeter to the correct number. When I AM using FS2Crew, this seems disabled, and the only thing I get when I hit the B key is the Captain saying the word "Altimeter." The auto adjust of the altimeter seems to not work any more unless I am not running FS2Crew. Understand the question better now? Any ideas?Chris
Hi Chris,I'm not sure. Are you running anything that might be intercepting keypresses?Did you run the tutorial flight to the letter?Best,

Hi Bryan:Re entering the ICAO code seems to work as you described above, but do you know WHY this issue now happens with every flight in my 767 now? Is there some setting that is making it load the FMC with my last position from a previous flight? Is there some setting in the Level D menu or some other menu that would make the FMC load my current location AUTOMATICALLY (like it used to)? It seems it all started when I did the Level D tutorial flight and I imorted the panel state from the FS2Crew tutorial (KSFO to KLAX). Any ideas?Thanks again.Chris Catalano