Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

REX water settings

Guest Martiro

Anybody here fly airplanes or do you all just look at the water?Martiro

Anybody here fly airplanes or do you all just look at the water?Martiro
Please, for the love of god, if you have nothing to say, don't post. The more so if you only plan on being ignorant of other people's wishes. We are not all you, you know...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Like a number of you above I could not get my REX water just like I wanted it. Zinertek Tech's Ultimate Water Advanced was just what I was looking for. Also their program for the runway textures is just as good as their water program. I know REX has a lot of differant textures for the runways/taxiways etc, but none of them are as good as the Zinertek's. It is the most realistic I've seen yet ! There are "oil spill" stains all around on the concrete and it really makes it look real.PS: When I changed from my REX water to Zinertek Tech's Ultimate Water Advanced I was sorry that I lost my differant color for the oceans and the inland waters. Is it someway possible to have a differant inland water color than ocean water using Zinertek Tech's Ultimate Water Advanced ? Thanks jerrycwo4

Guest jhicks

I have had the same problem with the pulsating water using REX. What is frustrating is when you try and get some help from the REX forum, the developers just simply say "its a FS9 limitation"---this is simply not true, as I now use the Zinertek Tech's Ultimate Water Advanced wave animation and love it.Another problem is the weather generator with REX. For example, sudden changes in visibility as you climb out. Again the frustration with the developers is that they just insist "this is a FS9 limitation", not true, as I am now using ASE and don't have those problems.Overall, I like the textures in REX, but the ocean and inland water colors are not good, and difficult to change. The tropical waters are great, as are all of the other textures. The weather engine, in my opinion is just "junk", and I have been very disappointed in the developers, who seem to often reply "it is an fs9 limitation".

Guest fs2004josh
I have had the same problem with the pulsating water using REX. What is frustrating is when you try and get some help from the REX forum, the developers just simply say "its a FS9 limitation"---this is simply not true, as I now use the Zinertek Tech's Ultimate Water Advanced wave animation and love it.Another problem is the weather generator with REX. For example, sudden changes in visibility as you climb out. Again the frustration with the developers is that they just insist "this is a FS9 limitation", not true, as I am now using ASE and don't have those problems.Overall, I like the textures in REX, but the ocean and inland water colors are not good, and difficult to change. The tropical waters are great, as are all of the other textures. The weather engine, in my opinion is just "junk", and I have been very disappointed in the developers, who seem to often reply "it is an fs9 limitation".
Use REX for your clouds and Active Sky for your weather.

Guest belga1

Hello,

I've got REX as well and just installed ZUWA...I like ZUWA's realistic look but would like to somehow be able to tweak colors...as previous poster mentions, I found some of the best colors as part of Flight Environment--especially for inland. Is it possible to copy FE water color textures into ZUWA? I looked in FS9/Textures and didn't see ZUWA .bmps...they may be there but it wasn't obvious. Somehow, a water kluge between REX + ZUWA +FE might yield a winner.
PS: When I changed from my REX water to Zinertek Tech's Ultimate Water Advanced I was sorry that I lost my differant color for the oceans and the inland waters. Is it someway possible to have a differant inland water color than ocean water using Zinertek Tech's Ultimate Water Advanced ? Thanks jerrycwo4
You can install the ZUWA in a temporary folder for check wich files are installed by ZUWA ... :)By design ZUWA install files in FS9 ... and no offer the possibility to install them in a other location .. cause ZUWA search FS9 location in the widows database registryFor fool this processus you can use the repair registry tool and make a temporary change in the registry for fool ZUWA installer.After the ZUWA installation in the temporary folder you use the registry repair tool for set again in the registry the original FS9 location !
FS2004 (ACOF) - Misc.FS2004 TweakFS Path Utility[ Download | View ]Name: fs9pathu.zip Size: 593,179 Date: 08-10-2005 Downloads: 1,606FS2004 TweakFS Path Utility, v1.1. Features Repairs the FS2004 path in the Windows Registry; Checks the registry path for the FS9.exe file; Warns if the registry path is missing; Sets the registry path for the FS9.exe file; Warns if the FS9.exe is not in folder on clicking the "Set" button; Avoids the need to reinstall FS2004 in the event of registry corruption; Searches for the FS9 Reg key in the Windows RegEdit program.
Regards.bye.gif

PS: When I changed from my REX water to Zinertek Tech's Ultimate Water Advanced I was sorry that I lost my differant color for the oceans and the inland waters. Is it someway possible to have a differant inland water color than ocean water using Zinertek Tech's Ultimate Water Advanced ? Thanks jerrycwo4
You can go into REX's folder's 'x:\Program Files\Real Environment Xtreme FS2004\Images' and find the desired inland water textures you want. You have to manually install them in FS9's texture folder (backing things up of course should you mess up) and that's it. You can mix and match REX's coral texture and inland water with Zinerteck's. The procedure for best results is install all of REX's textures (if you haven't already) with the exception of the water. Then install Zinerteck's water add-on, then go and find the desired inland/coral texture you want and manually install that into FS9's main texture folder.I've went so far as to do away with the extra Caribbean coral texture. REX found excess in some coral textures Microsoft put in for the Caribbean. They used standard water so as you don't see big blocks of coral texture in the Carribean. The look has actually made an improvement. I chose to do the same when I installed Zinerteck's water overwriting the extra coral texture with standard Ziner water texture. The bottom line is it's easy to have Zinertek be the main water displayed and copy over the REX textures you like.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I'm back too on Zinertek, after "doin' all kind of magic" on REX water, it just don't look right. Ecpt for those coral textures, i use them in mix with ZUWE.http://www.zinertek.com/dlp/ultimatewater12.jpgThats i call water, and reflection...I mean REX is realy great piece of software, but water and weather engine...specially second one, avoid it at all cost.