Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Walking passengers in Aerosoft's AES airports?

Could someome please explain what this quote from the forum means? Pertains to new update in AES "There is also a fine new feature that allows passengers to walk to the aircraft instead of getting on the bus, important for some positions" I installed the new update and I dont see anything differant? Thanks jerrycwo4

I would suspect that where there is not a jetway/airbridge for a gate and the aircraft stand is close to the terminal passengers would walk to the aircraft. I have not updated yet so I'm curious about the animation as well.Previously passengers were bussed to the area which would not be valid for very small aprons. In many of those aircraft park nose out close to the terminal.

Could someome please explain what this quote from the forum means? Pertains to new update in AES "There is also a fine new feature that allows passengers to walk to the aircraft instead of getting on the bus, important for some positions" I installed the new update and I dont see anything differant? Thanks jerrycwo4

From the 2.06 release notes:No, this gates will have no bus while de-/boarding, only the sounds will play.Olivers first language is not English so I understand that to mean you will only hear the sound and not see any new animations....

Well that's a disappointment I would have thought it would be new animations. but guess that's too good to be true I couldn't try out that new feature due to the fact that I don't own any of the airports that support it.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Am I the only one that would like to have AES (or some other add-on) take the passenger's role ALL OF THE WAY. That is , see them in the terminal sitting waiting for the call to board the plane and to see them physically walk down to jet -way and onto the aircraft and be seated and the reverse upon landing and when there is no jet-way see actual people walk off of the aircraft and walk into the terminal. I've seen some really fancy animation and I think it could really be done. jerrycwo4

I think it could really be done
Jerry, there is a huge deifference between what could theoretically be done and what is cost-effective for the developer.AES sells like hot cakes even now. To make something you're describing would take a looooot of time and effort.Additionally the final result would take down FPS even on good rigs.Moreover you can see one walking man in AES already. He's not the prettiest and the smoothest walker if you ask me.Now imagine hundreds of figures like this. Moving independently? On what algorithm? How would it be calculated?And what machine power would it take to display it?There must be a limit set somewhere in the flight simulation.

Fly Tampa's KMDW has people walking around inside the terminal.....(TRUE!!!)I nearly fell over the first time I seen it while sitting at the gate there.

Fly Tampa's KMDW has people walking around inside the terminal.....(TRUE!!!)I nearly fell over the first time I seen it while sitting at the gate there.
As does UK2000's Gatwick in the bridge.