Sign in to follow this  
OPS1

VOR maps.

Are there any maps what show where VOR's are in the country. Basically i just want some country maps, which have VOR's plotted in the country. It would be nice, to find out, atually what city and region i'm flying through. If any one knows where i can buy country maps with this data on, or for download, i would be greatful if you could help :).

I suppose in 99% of the cases the VORs will be shown on enroute charts, though at least in the US sectional charts seem more useful for "situational awareness". However, I think you might want to check out the Plan-G app, which will depict VORs (among other things), as present in fs9/fsx on a Google map.scott s..

where VOR's are in the country
Well yeah, it would be more than helpful to actually know "the country". For the US for example, try skyvector.com, but really, without knowing what you are looking for it's hard to give an advice. :(

I'd recommend getting hold of Aerosoft's Flight Keeper, which, apart from being a great add-on for Flight Simulator for tons of things you want to do in FS, will let you have a moving map in your cockpit on which the VORS and the town and city names will display. FK is definitely one of my favourite things; I always put that gauge in my airliners so I can see where I am and what town I'm flying over, since that is one of the interesting things with Flight Simulator when you have photorealistic scenery.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Are there any maps what show where VOR's are in the country. Basically i just want some country maps, which have VOR's plotted in the country. It would be nice, to find out, atually what city and region i'm flying through. If any one knows where i can buy country maps with this data on, or for download, i would be greatful if you could help :).
Enroute charts will have this. Its where I usually get my Information from, or FS itself when I can't get a chart. They are available throughout the net - you can get some for free, others you have to pay for; and from Shops stoking pilot material - like 'Transair' in the UK ( http://www.transair.co.uk ). You can get good free enroute charts for Bulgaria from here for example: http://www.ivao-bg.net/download/charts.htm (www.ivao-bg.net). I use those often. For Serbia and Montenegro you can get some enroute charts and scenery (including a great Tivat Airport LYTV, Beta scenery, which is one of the most dangerous and challenging approaches in Europe) from here: http://www.scgvacc.net/?go=downloads . A lot of countries have their own site(s) for information for Virtual Aviation, usually IVAO or VATSIM connected, that may provide scenery and charts or links to those.Also you can try the "Pilots' Free Flight Atlas" - I think this is very good and have it myself. Published by AbsoluteZero ( http://www.absolutezero.de ) and with aeronautical data by Jeppesen. My version is probably out of date by now, I have the 3rd edition and I think there is a 4th out there now.It comes in two atlases - one for the Eastern Hemisphere (Europe, S.E. Asia, Middle East) and one for the USA, Mexico and Canada. I only have the Eastern Hemisphere one at present because I fly mostly in Europe and European Parts of Russia. I also like to fly in the Caribbean-Antilles and Kamchatka (Siberia) - hopefully someday they will release a pilot Atlas incorporating those areas as well. Although I think the Caribbean is included in the USA, Mexico and Canada Atlas; but will need to check as I'm not sure.

Over the past many years, I have begged and/or bought complete sets of High & Low Enroute Charts and Approach Plates for all of Canada, USA & AK. plus VFR charts for British Columbia. Since I don't bother to update any Nav databases, these charts continue to do yeoman service for me a decade later!Sometimes surprising what you can find in the way of outdated charts at your local flying club.However- I suppose VATSIM would be less than impressed with my parsimony!Alex Reid