Sign in to follow this  
buddy76

Strange behavior

Hi all, my pmdg md11 is having some serious trouble at start up the screen shakes all over the place, in vc some of the buttons are missing, when i switch views it looks in pieces and finally a black screen happens and its all over. I tried to put up a screen shot but it wont let me.I hope someone can help.my specsintel 6420 2.13gasus p5ld2nvidea gtx260650w psu4g ramvista32bIvano Poniz

Hi all, my pmdg md11 is having some serious trouble at start up the screen shakes all over the place, in vc some of the buttons are missing, when i switch views it looks in pieces and finally a black screen happens and its all over. I tried to put up a screen shot but it wont let me.I hope someone can help.my specsintel 6420 2.13gasus p5ld2nvidea gtx260650w psu4g ramvista32bIvano Poniz
I think we still need a screenie though.....Maybe your screenie was to big?Do this: "Shift-Prt Sc"...open paint, paste and save it to a jpg file and upload it. I think that should crop it enough,without going via Photo shop, which everybody dosen

Leif A Mikkelsen

Guest sixfourty

Save it as .png instead of .jpg. .jpg is for photos of real life, pngs are for screenshots and other computer generated images.

I would suggest not taking John's advice there. Portable Network Graphic format (PNG) is not as compressed for a similar image quality as jpg. You can use jpg for screenshots (as probably everyone posting on avsim has been doing for years). That way, you can create a screenshot and resize it from your screen resolution to a size acceptable here, and save it to create a file size lower than 200kb...PNGs in the same resolution are often up to 5 times as large in file size... I recommend the freeware Irfanview to resize the files...Andrew

Andrew Entwistle

Guest sixfourty

You dont really need to attach it tho, you can just upload it to an image hoster and link to it and you'll get the superior lossless image quality of png without being constrained to the maximum filesize rules of avsim

I think we still need a screenie though.....Maybe your screenie was to big?Do this: "Shift-Prt Sc"...open paint, paste and save it to a jpg file and upload it. I think that should crop it enough,without going via Photo shop, which everybody dosen