Sign in to follow this  
7snoopy7

Weird planes...

Hello everybody,I had FS9 for a couple years and finally got FSX Gold. However, I have a few problems...When I load FSX my plane looks kinda weird (see attachment)...I tried it with different planes and missions...the F/A-18 VC worked once...otherwise it's just a huge texture-and-polygon-mess...and now my computer either freezes or I get a "blue screen" when running FSX. It's strange because the demo worked just fine. Here are my specs:HP Pavilion (Windows XP)Pentium 4 3GHz Processor1GB RAMATI 9000 IGPAny suggestion greatly appreciated.<327K Image removed>Thanks,Natanaelreciated

No chance FSX is going to run on that computer with just 1 GB ram.

Art

Guest LCSims
No chance FSX is going to run on that computer with just 1 GB ram.
Nor with the video sub-system, which is integrated(?), using system memory(??) and about six or seven generations old.With respects to what it says on the box for minimum specs, they lied! :(

Thanks for the quick replies guys...To Art_P: Of course the settings weren't on max, but the demo worked quite well. By the way, I even tried it with 516MB RAM:lol:.To LCSims: I know, I know...it's an old computer (I got it about 5 years ago). And I was well aware about the "lie". It just seems strange to me that the demo worked and FSX Gold doesn't!? The reason I bought it in the first place is because I want to use VoxAtc.Anyways, thanks for the replies!!!Natanael

Actually, I can run FSX on a HP Pavillion laptop just fine, in fact I've used it for some FSX Avsim review testing. It has an Intel Centrino Dual processor and two gigs of RAM, and built in graphics rather than a dedicated card. So I'm guessing the RAM at 1 gig is the problem.See my Avsim review of Around the World in 80 Flights for some example screenshots of FSX running on that Pavilion laptop.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

After SP1 and SP2 FSX will not run properly on some older systems. I'm not sure what they did, but I remember I could run FSX stock (No Acceleration, SP1 or SP2) with 512MB of RAM and integrated Intel Graphics Chip fine at low settings on an old desktop, but as soon as I upgraded to SP2 it stopped me before I could even load up FSX.

If I were you and you wanted to give fsx a good chance, save for a new pc. I know it's going to cost but you will never appreciate how good fsx can be with your current machine.People have problems with fsx and it can be a nightmare at times but once you get it running well you'll really be thinking your flying the real thing. But it does take a newer pc with at least 4gb of ram.Food for thought.....Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

Actually, I can run FSX on a HP Pavillion laptop just fine, in fact I've used it for some FSX Avsim review testing. It has an Intel Centrino Dual processor and two gigs of RAM, and built in graphics rather than a dedicated card. So I'm guessing the RAM at 1 gig is the problem.See my Avsim review of Around the World in 80 Flights for some example screenshots of FSX running on that Pavilion laptop.Al
I know it's not a lot, but as far as I know, 1GB RAM is the max for this computer :(.
After SP1 and SP2 FSX will not run properly on some older systems. I'm not sure what they did, but I remember I could run FSX stock (No Acceleration, SP1 or SP2) with 512MB of RAM and integrated Intel Graphics Chip fine at low settings on an old desktop, but as soon as I upgraded to SP2 it stopped me before I could even load up FSX.
Hhmmm...so is that why the demo worked, and FSX Gold doesn't?To Tom: I know....it's time for a new PC....still would like to get FSX running on this computer though....Thanks for the replies everybody! I appreciate it very much!!Natanael

I know it's not a lot, but as far as I know, 1GB RAM is the max for this computer :(.
You might want to check on that. My Pavilion is newer than your's, but probably not by much, and it came with two 512MB modules of memory which I exchanged for two 1GB modules.

Art

With respects to what it says on the box for minimum specs, they lied! :(
Has anyone ever tried FSX on the minimum specs? If you turned everything down to minimum would it even be able to have frame rates in double figures?To 7snoopy7 - With respect to your PC specification, it will never be able to run FSX well. Your best bet would be to install Flight Simulator 2004 instead and save FSX until you buy a new PC.

To Art_P: Well, our computer came with 512MB RAM and we upgraded to 1GB a couple months ago....but you're right, I might be able to upgrade the second module. Thanks for the tip!To steve_1979: The demo did work very well, and of course, more RAM would help....FS9 is still installed...but then again, I can't use VoxATC without FSX....Regards,Natanael