Hello,I've finally got my visibility limits, smoothing and graduation set to a level that I consider as perfect as possible through the use of FSUIPC. With a lower vis limit of 25 to about 15000' then a graduated vis to the upper limit of 29, the sim shows a smooth and graduated change from the lower haze into a good clear distant view when up at a flight level, keeping smooth horizons all the way. Just wondering if FSUIPC's vis limits will override the ASE ones or vice versa? What I'd ideally like now is to completely disable the ASE visibility limits setting if possible so that it won't interfere with my holy grail FSUIPC setup! I still want ASE to depict visibility as per the METARs of course, but just don't want it messing with the limits I've set through FSUIPC. Also don't want ASE to mess with the vis graduation so that suddenly there 29miles of vis at say 8000'. Can you confirm which of the two programs has the final say in what is depicted in FS9 and if it is ASE who has priority then is there a way to make FSUIPC top dog?

Hi,It is the FSUIPC settings that have the final say, so see what happens if you make those chaanges in AS.

Thanks for the clarification. Just did a quick flight and it does seem to retain teh FSUIPC settings which is brilliant.Cheers.

Come on now, you said it... what is your holy grail FSUIPC setup? Do tell :(

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest nemo06
Hello,I've finally got my visibility limits, smoothing and graduation set to a level that I consider as perfect as possible through the use of FSUIPC. With a lower vis limit of 25 to about 15000' then a graduated vis to the upper limit of 29, the sim shows a smooth and graduated change from the lower haze into a good clear distant view when up at a flight level, keeping smooth horizons all the way. Just wondering if FSUIPC's vis limits will override the ASE ones or vice versa? What I'd ideally like now is to completely disable the ASE visibility limits setting if possible so that it won't interfere with my holy grail FSUIPC setup! I still want ASE to depict visibility as per the METARs of course, but just don't want it messing with the limits I've set through FSUIPC. Also don't want ASE to mess with the vis graduation so that suddenly there 29miles of vis at say 8000'. Can you confirm which of the two programs has the final say in what is depicted in FS9 and if it is ASE who has priority then is there a way to make FSUIPC top dog?

How do you set those limits in FSUIPC?

Ok these are the settings that I'm using. One thing I'm going to say right now is that to achieve the smooth horizons, you will need to tweak the upper visibility limit to work with your particular sky textures as it the value varies from one tex set to the next. It's always around the 2900 mark so start around there. You'll get better results if using a texture that's been designed to have smoother horizons in the first place. The other thing I'm going to say is that unless you're as anal as me about your flight sim then you probably won't even notice any difference from the settings you made within ASE/ASA. It's not necessarily better as it's just my personal preferences. All this setup does that active sky does not is the following - -Raises the transition between the lower and upper visibility limits from about 6/7000ft up to nearly 20,000. This ensures a clear distant view out of the haze when at a cruising level but gives a nice hazy look to things as you start to descend down.-Provided different LOWER visibility limits depending on different metar conditions. If it's a clear day you have good vis...cloudy day you have a little less.....overcast, you have less still......rainy, you can't see very far until either the rain stops or you fly out of it.-Visibility smoothing is performed only whilst airbourne. This stops you rolling down the runway and suddenly into the soup( or vice versa) should the metar change.-Lowers the smoothing time. I've done this so that the changes are relatively quick as I often fly around in fast jets (fighters for the Americans!). I'd maybe think about raising this is flying something which is slower.viz1.jpgYou can play around with the values and figure out something out that's more your preference if you don't like this one. It's not hard at all once you figure out which values do what! Also, I've tested this in FS9 only. Try it in FSX if you want but I've no idea what it'll look like there.

Love your settings.Works really well with GEPro Soft Horizon sets.The only problem I still have with Vis settings, are that when you leave the ground layer (usually about 6000ft, but now around 3000-4000ft with your new settings) I get a big jump from the surface vis to higher vis.This is really noticeable in bad weather. I took of from EFHF in 1000m, and as I passed through 3600ft the vis suddenly jumped up to about to 9999 plus.I don't suppose there is anyway to adjust this, as FS9 always seems to have this surface vis layer which doesn't smooth into upper layer.ThanksNeil

beta.gif

Did you set the graduated visibility as shown? I can't find a way to stop the sudden jump between the two layers but the upper vis limit shouldn't be comming into effect until around 20,000ft. Did you also disable visibility graduation and smoothing in the AES settings? The main reason I created this was to stop this "jump" at low altitudes and make it happen up in thehigh air where it is far less noticable.

This is just really really stupid, but I do not see a visibility tab displayed in my FSUIPC screens. I am running a registered 4.60 version in FSX. ASE is installed on the same computer as my FSX. The main FSUIPC screen indicates that all wx settings are turned off and I cannot get the button to indicate that wx settings are turned on. What am I missing?

As I said, I've not tested in FSX. I did read last night however that FSUIPC can't control the visibility settings in FSX so that probably explains the lack of the page.

As I said, I've not tested in FSX. I did read last night however that FSUIPC can't control the visibility settings in FSX so that probably explains the lack of the page.
Yeah, I got to wondering about that earlier but got distracted and didn't delve further into it.