Sign in to follow this  
KLMMD11

Cost index help

For me it depends on the circumstances. I will normally shoot for 100, and in very long hauls probably about 80. But if I'm behind schedule and the winds are to high causing my arrival to fall too far behind I'll bump it up higher. Not sure I've done this with the queen though but shouldn't matter, I think I have but mainly been flying the MD-11.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I've not gotten that far down my to-do list to play with CI; I use 88 unless I'm flying SWA, which used to use 33.

Dan Downs KCRP

I've not gotten that far down my to-do list to play with CI; I use 88 unless I'm flying SWA, which used to use 33.
Southwest use 20 now on all flights. (as of Jan 7,2010)Believe it or not, that wiki article is not too far off at all! Lufthansa use 70-300 on their 744. 70 is the norm but up to 300 if late!And regarding the topic starter.Want MAX endurance use Cost Index 0! but you need to enter the winds before hand so that you know before you actually takeoff if you will have enough fuel!Leo

i would like to thank everyone for all the help you have given me! thanks to you all i have just completed a 14 hour flight (not in 1 go like) with no problems at all! i did have to off load cargo to get the right ammount of fuel and i used 90 for my Cost index then i knocked it up to 150! once again cheers fellas

Even tho this is an Airbus document, it is the most in depth info on cost index I have seen.http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCYQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smartcockpit.com%2Fdata%2Fpdfs%2Fflightops%2Faerodynamics%2FGetting_To_Grips_With_The_Cost_Index.pdf&rct=j&q=Getting%20to%20grips%20on%20cost%20index&ei=PjuUTZWxEaiy0QHA7-D-Cw&usg=AFQjCNGpV94XZG5kSkNlMwdDFcHNtZBHqg&sig2=Yxf7EwiiLFgKKQyEImObLQ&cad=rja

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

no offence or anything but wikipedia could and most probably will be wrong
That is incorrect.For some reason, there are several out there who have a baseless assumption that information placed online, in a wiki environment is completely unreliable. I normally stress to them that there are several reputable encyclopoedias that have less peer review and content checks than that of wikipedia.Furthermore, if you really, actually doubt the validity of the data, go down and look at the referenced sources. If the sources check, then the data is just as valid. Dismissal of a potential source is just as dumb as sourcing an invalid/unreliable source. I can't tell you how many times I had a prof tell me not to use wiki article, and all I had to was go down to the bottom, and use one of its referenced sources instead. Apparently, the source document, although it provided the material for the article, is somehow more valid, even with the same information.People need to get away from the whole idea that the internet is purely baseless. While yes, there are thousands of sites on the internet spewing false information, sites like wikipedia, given the proper checks (as they have already: mods, editors, etc) along with proper references, are perfectly valid.The real problem is that sometimes, there are things in life that are not written in books just yet. Who did Einstein reference with his theory of relativity? Sources occasionally play absolutely no role in documents (of course, a situation such as this occurs very rarely, and in the beginning, without proof, the concept may be doubted).In your defense, however, looking at the article on CI on ze German wikipedia, it provides no references, and as such, could be considered unreliable.
Trust me I know quite a few airlines that use a cost Index above 100, I also have a 777 Captain sitting across the living room from me, his airline is currently using 180 on the 777
Agreed. I think a major cargo carrier uses some range of 200-220 and conditionally 80, if I recall correctly. I could be wrong.

Kyle Rodgers