Sign in to follow this  
windshearDK

AI question

I am new to FSX and I am desperately trying to tame my AI.First of all I do not know how to make AIs go to certain gates and stay away from others. I believe that the radius tricks I used in FS9 cannot be applied in FSX?I have FTX and welcome any good advice!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I am new to FSX and I am desperately trying to tame my AI.First of all I do not know how to make AIs go to certain gates and stay away from others. I believe that the radius tricks I used in FS9 cannot be applied in FSX?I have FTX and welcome any good advice!
I do not know about FTX - but with other AI packages I have (such as WOAI) the method is the same as in FS2004.These lines must be present in each variation of an AI aircraft:atc_parking_codes=XXXatc_parking_types=GATEThe XXX would be replaced by the proper airline code (example SWA for Southwest).And the parking space(s) where you wish the AI aircraft to go must be of proper radius and have the matching code assigned to it.This assumes there is sufficient other parking spaces available at the airport in question.It works for me.There is a different method used if you are wanting to create a dedicated spot for your own aircraft. There is a tutorial in the library on that subject.Hope that helps.

First of all I do not know how to make AIs go to certain gates and stay away from others. I believe that the radius tricks I used in FS9 cannot be applied in FSX?
In FS9, the radius of the parking spot was compared to the radius of the aircraft .mdl file to determine if the aircraft would "fit". In FSX one half the wingspan value, from aircraft.cfg is used instead of mdl radius.Here is a discussion that covers about every conceivable variable in parking asignment:http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?...king_assignmentscott s..

In FS9, the radius of the parking spot was compared to the radius of the aircraft .mdl file to determine if the aircraft would "fit". In FSX one half the wingspan value, from aircraft.cfg is used instead of mdl radius.Here is a discussion that covers about every conceivable variable in parking asignment:http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?...king_assignmentscott s..
Thank you, I have been editing the radius for my AI planes and I found a solution that works ok.Is there an AFCAD like program, because I see that the one from flight1 does have limitations, so when I edit gates and save, some scenery become corrupted i.e. Flyboston

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg