Sign in to follow this  
SAFABA

Pacific scenario with GUAM as a hub.

Looking good so far... Will post pics once they're cleared :)
Sounds good Dean thanks for the updates.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Sounds good Dean thanks for the updates.
I believe I have the all clear to post some screenies... This is turning out to be a very fun little side project...The first few shots are just a comparison between default FSX and the new dataset Jim and I have been working on...I'll see if I can add the comparison shot with the vector data compared to placeholder imagery for designing placement of 3D objects etc... The ortho imagery is only for in house use at this point, and I'm still trying to track down if I can obtain public domain data from here or if it will eventually need imagery purchased from a commercial vendor...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

That last shot of the airport runway and surrounding area is amazing. Having Guam would be terrific.

That last shot of the airport runway and surrounding area is amazing. Having Guam would be terrific.
I'd love to do her up in photoscenery but at this point public domain data may not be available, but I'll investigate both government avenues as well as commercial avenues...The vector data does really make the island come alive...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Guest firehawk44
I agree. I saw that last photo and immediately said WOW!Best regards,Jim

I can't believe all this this has happened just because one guy posted here.... that was amazing - like Jim says - WOW!!!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Really nice work guys! makes a huge difference! and it enhances Guam greatly. :(

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Oh Jim has been amazing in helping convert the vector data and this whole process has opened my eyes to some very cool things :-)Yeah it's funny that this topic was posted just two weeks after I'd moved here, some of my new friends are Continental 737 pilots and I'm living right near the runway like right next to 06R's final approach lights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n1DpHdk20IIt's also rare that I visit Avsim's forums as I'm so busy working most of the time and I think it's more providence that this whole thing has come into being...Having driven around the island on my first trip here and visiting several locations on the island last time I was here I'm amazed at how accurate this all is... We'll have some improvements added to what we've done so far but this has been a joy to work on while I'm waiting for the computer to render other stuff...Anyway I have to get my body clock back in sync, the move here has flipped me all around sleep wise... So I'm off to test some new stuff then have a short snooze...BTW Jim you've turned my world upside down in the last few days... I'm totally amazed at what you've accomplished and helped me learn...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

No problem Dean. Glad I could help. I still have some stuff to do. Get some sleep.Jim

Guest firehawk44
Having driven around the island on my first trip here and visiting several locations on the island last time I was here I'm amazed at how accurate this all is... We'll have some improvements added to what we've done so far but this has been a joy to work on while I'm waiting for the computer to render other stuff...
Dean,Did you see any of the brown snakes yet? I heard they had populated the island in large numbers but when I made a trip there around 1997, I didn't see one. Not even the really nice ones... the dead ones. Anyway, appreciate what you and Jim are doing.Best regards,Jim

Dean,Did you see any of the brown snakes yet? I heard they had populated the island in large numbers but when I made a trip there around 1997, I didn't see one. Not even the really nice ones... the dead ones. Anyway, appreciate what you and Jim are doing.Best regards,Jim
hi Jim. I sure have. The first trip here last year I saw a massive dead one on the north west side of the island. It had to he over 6 ft easily it had been run over. Didn't see any 2 months ago but since moving here and hiking to town a few times I've counted 10 dead juvenile snakes. All road kill. Am hoping I never experience one in the house.Dean

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Guest firehawk44
O/T Photo of first snake...
Yikes! That's it! Thanks! I'm surprised I never saw one all the time I was there and I drove around the island several times. Didn't even see roadkill. I think I was overwhelmed with the beauty of the island and missed them. I'm looking forward to the photoscenery under development!Best regards,Jim