Sign in to follow this  
Ty53650

Really having a strugle with OC on i7 920

Anyone with a similar system to mine have any luck? I'm shooting for 3.4-3.6 for the moment, but can't boot most of the time, and when I do, it is hardly stable. i7 920 C0 SteppingAsus P6T (standard not deluxe)6gb XMS Corsair 1600mhz Anyone have some settings they'd like to share? I don't even know where to start now, I'm not sure if it's a memory issue causing the BSOD and no load problems, or if it's a voltage problem. Basically looking for somewhere new to start. So if anyone with the basic P6T has some settings that work let me know. I'm aware that all hardware is different even when running the same components, but some help would still be great. Thanks!

You can try to find some help from this link:http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=30486I know it was a P6T v2 that was used but the settings should be similar.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You can try to find some help from this link:http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=30486I know it was a P6T v2 that was used but the settings should be similar.
Thanks Ryan that's a start! Though it seems the settings that work for the Deluxe V2 don't always work well with the basic P6T, the V2 (which is what I should have purchased) is the better bored for overclocking, but I'll see where this takes me!

Here are most of the settings from my setup using an i7 920 D0 stepping @ 4.2Ghz, Thermalright Venemous X CPU cooler, ASUS P6T, and OCZ Gold DDR3 1600Mhz 8-8-8-24:AI TWEAKER MENUAI Overclock Tuner - MANUALCPU Ratio Setting - 21.0Intel ® SpeedStep Tech - DisabledBCLK Frequency - 200PCIE Frequency - 100DRAM Frequency - DDR3 - 1603MHzUCLK Frequency - AutoQPI Link Data Rate - AutoDRAM Timing Control - 8/8/8/24CPU Voltage - 1.35000CPU PLL Voltage - 1.96QPI/DRAM Core Voltage - 1.35000IOH Voltage - 1.20IOH PCIE Voltage - AutoICH Voltage - 1.20ICH PCIE Voltage - AutoDRAM Bus Voltage - 1.66ALL DRAM Settings below DRAM Bus Voltage - AutoLoad-Line Calibration - AutoCPU Differential Amplitude - 800mVCPU Clock Skew - AutoCPU Spread Spectrum - DisabledIOH Clock Skew - AutoPCIE Spread Spectrum - DisabledADVANCE MENU (CPU Configuration)CPU Ration Setting - 21.0C1E Support - DisabledHardware Prefetcher - EnabledAdjacent Cache Line Prefetch - EnabledIntel Virtualization Tech - DisabledCPU TM Function - DisabledExecute Disable Bit - EnabledIntel HT Technology - DisabledActive Processor Cores - ALLA20M - DisabledIntel SpeedStep Tech - DisabledIntel C-STATE Tech - DisabledPOWER MENUSuspend Mode - AUTORepost Video on S3 Resume - NoACPI 2.0 Support - EnabledACPI APIC Support - Enabled

Here are most of the settings from my setup using an i7 920 D0 stepping @ 4.2Ghz, Thermalright Venemous X CPU cooler, ASUS P6T, and OCZ Gold DDR3 1600Mhz 8-8-8-24:AI TWEAKER MENUAI Overclock Tuner - MANUALCPU Ratio Setting - 21.0Intel

Its tough to get the C0 stepping to a high stable overclock like the D0. I own the C0 and have been able to have mine setup at 3.6Ghz. One day I will sell this and get the D0 stepping.

Christopher Edwards

Yes the C0 stepping is not as overclockable as D0. For what it is worth, I have D0.I can easily get 3.8 (perhaps even more - this is where I stopped) from my i7 on a basic P6T (no deluxe etc). Only changes made in BIOS were to BCLK = 180 and adjusted my Corsair Dominator RAM 1600 to 1805Mhz. I even left the Turbo mode on so it pushed up CPU to around 3780 GHz under load. No touching anything else. Rock solid with reasonably low temps (35-50 C) on my eXtreme 120 Thermaltake cooler. I think you can put your struggle down to your C0 stepping CPU.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Guest Dan G Martin
Thanks Ryan that's a start! Though it seems the settings that work for the Deluxe V2 don't always work well with the basic P6T, the V2 (which is what I should have purchased) is the better bored for overclocking, but I'll see where this takes me!
Hi,AS far as I know the only real differance between the two Mobo's is that the version 2(V2) has the SAS controller removed, they both have the same chip set(X58) so things like over clocking should be same on both boards.You might want to check if they have either updated drivers or possibly an updated BIOS available.Dan Martin Flight Ontario