Sign in to follow this  

FSPlanet Library

Hi! back at you. :-)

TomIt is high time Ferdy Serena was brought to book. I for one am very grateful that Avsim has exposed him to the community. This piracy has being going on for as long as I can remember.You can count on Ferdy getting a kickback from VOLFTP. I have on many occasions contacted him about file theft, and always he comes back with stuff like this: "There are too many interests and business in FSPLANET.COM since February 1997, although I know you would like to see FSPLANET.COM closed for any reason.....maybe because I'm smarter and younger than you, or maybe you hate spaniards...I don't know and I don't care"You want to see your files in avsim.com and flightsim.com, and not in fsplanet.com? and what?....who cares?Do you think I'm going to have bad dreams because I'm not publishing your file?...or get less visitors or losing sponsors because you email's attacks? or because you ridiculized me in the most importat forums as you have done in the past? You're wrong my old friend.My reply to that is Ferdy I am smarter than you, I maybe older but I am wiser than you, and I am respected by this community.And I do not hate Spaniards as you keep implying each time we communicate.I see you are listed in "Famous Persons" at flightsim.com, how the hell did you manage that? You only ever uploaded 4 files!! You steal from us, you make illegal gains from us! Sheesh:-( Oh yes, your famous alright, and for all the wrong reasons.Well, guys I think Ferdy is about to have a few bad dreams..........don't you? He underestimates the power of the decent side of this community..........as T***ma once did.Let the campaign begin x(Thanks Avsim:-)Mike Hambly

Fascinating!!Never uploaded anything there. Some of the stuff I did years ago ended up there, I suspect it was taken from the place it was uploaded orignally.I certainly won't be going there.Michael VerlinHistoric Jetliners Group

I am hating him more and more by each second...Look at the email he sent me:"I'll take a look. I don't have nothing to lose by deleting or adding your file. FSPLANET.COM is the 3rd most visited FS site worldwide, so 17,000 unique visitors a day will don't know about your file. I really don't care...but what about the people?"I wish I could post my edited photo of him...but Mr. Dumas will remove it again. :-lol :-lol Its funny.http://www.someplacesomewhere.com/uploaded/9vsve/sig2.jpg

Hi MikeI can tell you that everything you uploaded the past few years has ended up on his site:-( I know you don't upload there.....no need to buddy he steal the files from Avsim and FS.Com.Best

Initially I was indifferent to FSPlanet but now seeing Ferdy's (and VOLFTP) reply and attitude I would also like to join in and have him remove all my files from his and VOLFTP servers. Let me know what is the action that you require from this freeware author and I will attempt to support the effort.Thanks for bringing this up.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

>I am Dutch and we NEVER pay for anything if it is not absolutely necessary

Guest jon_151

When FSPlanet.com introduce their first class membership, it is still good until about 2 days ago, when I try to download one files it's written on the page that if you cannot download, that means the site are busy and therefore alternatively you have to signed for First Class Membership.They offer a great prize out of it and was surely lots people are satisfied with their service.Lots of my work is also there, I sometimes cannot appreciate he puts just 4 star to my huge effort, the only one 5 stars to my work was just my Garuda Indonesia 747 400 Photoreal.Basically I upload to Avsim and I was suprise to find my work in FSPlanet, I thought Avsim and FSPlanet partners somehow.I see my friends work too, DC 10's 747 400 photoreal, my member's work and etc.Basically I would have to start telling people that our work is freeware, if he's gonna make money out of it, he must give us some too, he just cannot eat the money to himself from our hard work.We did that in hours even days, months for free, he basically just put in his site, give whatever rating he can give, than charging people if people wants to download the file faster and etc.At first I see that ok, but now it's not ok since each time I want to download files from the site, I can't because the nodes busy and asked me to signup as First Class membership.It's like Flightsim which I don't like as well.Sites such Avsim.com really the best, sooner freeware developer can full up the library.If Ferdy really wants money, than he can ask some people to donate, don't take money out of our hard work which is just for fun and therefore freeware.That's my 5 cents.

EXCELENT MIKE You are right!! I really agree with you in a 100% .

No, I didn't know that he was doing this and no I didn't upload anything to his site. As far as agreeing to have my files sold, it wouldn't be in my agreement with Dick Ward who worked with me and spearheaded the construction nor is it in my text files to ahve any of my work sold by anybody.Bilbo

I stopped dealing with Ferdy and his site months and months ago. His site has pop-ups that actually froze my PC one time.Thanks for this update, I'll be careful to add a legal text about FSPlanet in any future files I upload.Regards.. TrevVisit "The DC-3 Hangar"http://www.douglasdc3.com

Hi Tom,I think this should be on main page of AVSIM, so that all are aware.. not all FS users and authors of freeware read the forums.Good work you did with Ferdy the killer pop-up master and also the other punks at FS Factory.Much appreciated!Regards.. TrevVisit "The DC-3 Hangar"http://www.douglasdc3.com

you get into communities like these, get to meet allkinds of people and learn things that sometimes have absolutely nothing to do with flightsimming..... :-lolYes, there is a strong bond between the Scotch and the Dutch I guess..... I happen to know that some old fishing villages even use a dialect that is similar.. apparently the fishermen of our countries always met in the old days, in the middle of the North Sea and started talkig their own languages to each other... and that slowly changed into they could both understand..... nobody else can, by the way... :-lol :-lolOh, and we've also both been fighting off everybody else in the past 2000 or so years ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

to be honest, I had a chuckle over your picture... ;-)But I am responsible with the other admins here of keeping things orderly, so had to (and will again) remove it. Nothing personal and not to say I don't agree with you. I do. But some things just cannot be allowed as I am sure you will understand.... Singapore I think is well known for its strict laws on many things too, right ? ;-)Francois aka Mr. Dumas :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog