Sign in to follow this  
bojote

bojote's fsx.cfg file

The thing that more causes ununderstanding in my mind is what happend when I launch Warband before FSX. It really gives me the impresion that FSX do not work alone and need another external thing from windows to be activated. Could be anything related with codecs or directx?... it never happend before with any game.
First, FSX is not to be compared (performance wise) with any other game. Generally, FSX performance out of the box is NOT good and requires, depending on hardware, some tweaking. That being said, 6 FPS is 'NOT' something I will call normal for your specs, however, I have no idea what the impact of 3D vision is. Here's what I would do:1) Start reducing sliders to see which has the most impact when flying over barajas.2) Try disabling features such as the 3D vision and compare performance.I need to a least know what causes the huge perf drop you are experiencing...

Guest 413X3

I must be bottlenecking performance, I am locked at 30 fps, and would like advice on how to get more frames. Rural areas no problems keeping 30, but high sliders and in big cities I get 10-15 usually. Currently I have tbm to 40 and tml 30. slow loading pauses, not stutters, when flying. It's pretty smooth though, even though low fps. Just looking to squeeze more performance out of the tweaks. Thanks for any suggestions.

Just looking to squeeze more performance out of the tweaks.
I would suggest the 2600K @ 5 tweak. You can't squeeze more performance out of 'tweaks' you need the hardware...

HiVery educational topic indeed.I have a question about affinitymask. All the settings I've seen so far are 12-14 for dual, quad processors.I have a i7 970 with 6 cores, and using ******* web based tool my affinitymask setting is one thousand something (sorry i can't recall the exact figure). Is it that normal or is that the tool has not been fine tuned for 6 cores yet?Cheers and thank you for all the info!

Kano

Intel i9-12900KF (no overclocked), MSI RTX 3090 Gamin Trio, 64GB XPG Lancer DDR5-5200, Asus ROG STRIX Z690-F Gaming, Seasonic Prime TX 1000w Titanium, Alphacool Eisbaer 280, Fractal Define 7 XL, LG 43UN700 4K

I have slowdowns after a few minutes fliying, and also framerate is not smooth as desired. I think the best is to paste my fsx.cfg. Sorry for the big post. If anyone can read and say what is wrong...My hardware is: i7 430@4Gz + Nvidia GTX 460 OC 1Gb + 6GB DDR3 1600 + TrackIR 3.0 + Windows 64bits.In the past I had very better results than now, and without blurries, but I formated without a backup of the fsx.cfg and now It is not the same.[bufferPools]UsePools=0 [JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14[GRAPHICS]ALLOW_SHADER_30=1HIGHMEMFIX=1 D3D10=0TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024NUM_LIGHTS=8AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1LANDING_LIGHTS=1AC_SELF_SHADOW=1EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=0TEXTURE_QUALITY=3IMAGE_QUALITY=0See_Self=1Text_Scroll=1SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672[sOUND]AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000SOUND_FADER1=0.500000SOUND_FADER2=0.500000SOUND_FADER3=0.500000SOUND_FADER4=0.500000AmbientUIMusic=FSX01PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}SOUND=1SOUND_QUALITY=2SOUND_LOD=1UISound=1AmbientUI=0[Display]TextureMaxLoad=30ChangeTime=4.000000TransitionTime=4.000000ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoBrakesEnable=TrueInfoParkingBrakesEnable=TrueInfoPauseEnable=TrueInfoSlewEnable=TrueInfoStallEnable=TrueInfoOverspeedEnable=TrueBLOOM_EFFECTS=0SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0WideViewAspect=True[Main]//FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.8DisablePreload=1User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\MiscHideMenuNormal=0HideMenuFullscreen=1Location=319,130,1361,920,\\.\DISPLAY1Maximized=1ProcSpeed=14684PerfBucket=7[PANELS]IMAGE_QUALITY=1DEFAULT_VIEW=0TIPS=0PANEL_OPACITY=100PANEL_MASKING=1PANEL_STRETCHING=1QUICKTIPS=1UNITS_OF_MEASURE=1[Weather]WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1MinGustTime=10MaxGustTime=500MinGustRampSpeed=1MaxGustRampSpeed=200MinVarTime=5MaxVarTime=50MinVarRampSpeed=10MaxVarRampSpeed=75TurbulenceScale=1.000000WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=80WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1DynamicWeather=2DownloadWindsAloft=0DisableTurbulence=0CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3DETAILED_CLOUDS=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8THERMAL_VISUALS=0[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460.0]Mode=1680x1050x16Anisotropic=1AntiAlias=1[AccelerationPack]ControlsFirstRun=0HomePageFirstRun=0[CONTROLS]Controls_Default=StandardControls_Current=StandardKBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64[TextInfo.1]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[TextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2GForce=1,3FuelPercentage=1,4[TextInfo.3]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6FrameRate=2,1LockedFrameRate=2,2GForce=2,3FuelPercentage=2,4[slewTextInfo.1]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5[slewTextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2[slewTextInfo.3]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5FrameRate=2,1LockedFrameRate=2,2[Trusted][DynamicHeadMovement]LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000MaxHeadAngle=5.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.300000HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=1[uSERINTERFACE]PageID=1OpenATCOnCreate=0SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=1PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0PROMPT_ON_EXIT=0SITUATION=Map_Orientation=2ShowAllACPaintSchemes=0SelectAircraftManufacturer=TodosSelectAircraftPublisher=TodosSelectAircraftType=Todos[ATC]ShowATCText=1COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFFCOMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21BCOMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1UsePilotVoice=1PilotVoice=0[PointOfInterestSystem]CycleSetting=0[sCENERY]MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS=3LENSFLARE=1DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5[TrafficManager]AirlineDensity=0GADensity=0FreewayDensity=20ShipsAndFerriesDensity=40LeisureBoatsDensity=40IFROnly=0AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=3[TERRAIN]SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=2LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=100MESH_RESOLUTION=25TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5DETAIL_TEXTURE=1WATER_EFFECTS=7[AContain]ShowLabels=0ShowUserLabel=0ShowLabelManufacturer=1ShowLabelModel=1ShowLabelTailNumber=0ShowLabelDistance=1ShowLabelAltitude=1ShowLabelAirline=0ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0ShowLabelFlightPlan=0ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelAirspeed=0ShowLabelHeading=0LabelDelay=1000LabelColor=FFFF0000[iNTERNATIONAL]ASLAT=2ASLON=0MEASURE=2[REALISM]PFactor=0.000000Torque=0.000000GyroEffect=0.000000CrashTolerance=0.000000General=1.000000UnlimitedFuel=TrueAllowEngineDamage=FalseTrueAirspeed=FalseAutoCoord=FalseRealMixture=FalseStressDamage=FalseGEffect=FalseManualLights=FalseGyroDrift=FalseCrashWithDyn=FalseCrashDetection=FalseAutoTrim=False[sIM]SYSCLOCK=0[sTARTUP]DEMO=0SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO=LoadWindow=1[FACILITIES]COUNTRY=SpainSTATE=CITY=GTL_BUTTON=1367[Misc]Com_Rate=7[RWW_WEATHER_MAP]SHOW_AIRPORTS=0SHOW_VORS=0SHOW_NDBS=0SHOW_APPROACHES=0SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=0SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460.0.0]Mode=1680x1050x32TriLinear=1[MULTIPLAYER]condAccoutPassword=0

Changed affinitymask from 14 to 15 and now it is better runing in windows 7 64bits. Still not smooth as desired using 1m ortophotos (14 to 20 fps). If feel like usage of i7 cores is far away to be optimized in this simulator.

Hello, can anyone advise me on what values to have at, PoolSize, RejectThreshold, fftf, TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT, TextureMaxLoad, affinitymask ?My system is a phenom x2 555 at 3.6ghz, ati radeon 4870 1gb, 4gb ram 667, win 7 64bit. I currently use enbs bloom and never used an external frame limiter, but i have it at 40 framesfrom fsx itself. Is the external limiter best? Will it cause problems with enbs? I usualy have 25-40 frames but yesterday i had 15-17 frames on a flight from tripoli to malta and really bad weather and couldn't understand why. I see you are basicaly using intel and nvidia...

Hello, can anyone advise me on what values to have at, PoolSize, RejectThreshold, fftf, TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT, TextureMaxLoad, affinitymask ?
Simply go herehttp://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Thank you, i did it and i tested the new file but nothing happend, maybe 1 or 2 frames better ( i dont use ext limiter), at heathrow i have10 frames on the airport and 17 frames above the city with 35% airline traffic.I used to have 17 frames at the airport and over 20 frames above the city and i don't know what the hell is going on with my pc. One more question i have. I manualy set affinitymask=12 and it says its wrong and removed, 12 is for dual cores right?

FSX is an erratic program with bugs. Sometimes crashes only doing a mouse movement trough menu, and sometimes framerates goes low without any sense. Personally I have get decent framerates tweaking following these forums, but also with fsx.cfg tuned the program gives me problems. I notice that trackir sometimes interfere with another process using (supossely) the same core and trackir movement goes choppy, and only alt+tab and doing anything return to work properly. Also when launching fsx the time expent in loading is VERY high, and launching a 2nd time without restart windows launch the program much quick (I thik I understand why happend, but...). Also FSX does not use the graphic card as desired, and the prove is that I can use the Nvidia 3d Vision googles and the framerate is exactly the same, so the graphic card is working very cold when not using googles.And the most strange thing... when I launch FSX just the 1st program after entering Windows (windows 7 64bits) the framerates is bad, too bad. But only launching another game before (not all games work for this, I use Mount & Blade Warband normally) gives me a much impprovement in framerates... why? no idea, but it doesn´t happend with any other "game/program", only with FSX.FSX is special, yes, it is a good simulator but plenty of bugs and problems. Tweaking thius program is a game itself. I don´t know why Microsoft has not tweak and patched better this program in so many time. Maybe it is a program not well done (I have no idea) and can´t work better.

<br />And the most strange thing... when I launch FSX just the 1st program after entering Windows (windows 7 64bits) the framerates is bad, too bad. But only launching another game before (not all games work for this, I use Mount & Blade Warband normally) gives me a much impprovement in framerates... why? no idea, but it doesn´t happend with any other "game/program", only with FSX.<br /><br
<br /><br /><br />how on earth is this possible ?

Tweaking is not for everybody.. it is for those that know for a fact they have a well oiled machine running at maximum efficiency and use tweaking as a way to get more performance out of it. they *KNOW* that tweaking is not a 'miracle' fix for their problems and know when and how to use it by first understanding 'what' the tweak does.When someone comes into this forums with a problem and starts using 'tweaks' as a miracle way to fix their 'issues' they are simply making the problem worst! because, you are not fixing the actual problem but hiding it and making it harder to identify.*BEFORE* doing any tweaking you should go visit NickN's or any other FSX hardware guide for FSX and TUNE YOUR COMPUTER FIRST! and once you are satisfied with the results, THEN you start playing with the 'newer' tweaks. Come on! it can't be that hard!

*******,Yes you are right, but Nicks setting arent all good. For example the video card settings. The nvidia tooltips shows clearly what everything does, and some are open-gl only but are given as a direct-x fact. AA also, the application controlled setting is the best (otherwise evrything is been AA'ed) and so on.What you did was a miracle on my old system!. (maybe your name is involved with it, I dont know)But there is more controversy, not related to FSX but more to the OS and the graphics cards.For example: why is it, that the CPU is working its &amp;@(&#036;* off, the video card is waiting. I think, ok, so lets get the card do something: raise the AA and such, then the card can sample the picture at higher AA, and suddenly the FPS drop badly, massive.I mean, the CPU pumps out the frames, the video card does its enhancements, but the CPU drops in FPS. When not doing this the card is running cold.I dont understand what is happening here. Does the card tell the cpu to 'prepare' the frames on a certain way for it to do its magic ?What the poster saw, on sudden great FPS, I did say also on Xp 32 bit.. it lasted for a while, and went back to normal FPS after about 10 minuts. Something broken in DirectX9 ?PS: the enhancer site also say its best to let the application controll things.Anyhow, your tweak site :( DID a miracle fix to my system, went from 10 to 30 FPS, so you earned a kiss, a beer, a red wine and some massage.Big%20Grin.gif

Anyhow, your tweak site :( DID a miracle fix to my system, went from 10 to 30 FPS, so you earned a kiss, a beer, a red wine and some massage.Big%20Grin.gif
Johan, so glad it worked for you. Not everyone will experience good results, that was the point of my post. Probably you had an already well configured computer and that helps. NickN's guide is a good starting point, Tabs (Ryan from PMDG) has a great nvidia inspector guide too, but Nick's is more about the OS.My point is: If you go directly to the tweaking tool WITHOUT taking the time to ensure your system is optimal condition then the end result will not be all good.

I think my system is in very well conditions. Also to ensure usually start using fps booster, but the framerate is more or less the same. I´ve read Nick post and most important things to be checked. My FSX has improved a lot since I begun with tweaks, very very much. I fly over Spain with ortophotos 1m and + autogen max and all settings but water to max. But with some scenarios my framerate drops, and sometimes happedn strange thigns with framerates, or with my trackir. There is apparently no reason. Other flights are perfect. Flying aerosoft Barajas I have a really poor framerate, and people says it is because the scenario bad done. I have returned to affintymask=14 and seem to be better than 15. Also texturemaxload=100 makes textures better and loaded quickly. I use usepools=0 and works better. The utility gives me most usefull tweaks, and seem to be a good point to start with tweaking. But I don´t know why developers have forgotten the support of this simuilator is still alive (maybe more than ever) and new powerfull hardware is in our houses.