Sign in to follow this  
bojote

bojote's fsx.cfg file

It seem that FS Discover plugin is the cause of my slowdowns. If i prevent the use of the plugin all works very well.

I have tuned my system and fsx and all are working great, but i can't get rid of the stuttters, i have stable 30 frames over honolulu but i have many stutters. I can't get rid of them,i have tried bufferpools from 2mb to 100mb, i have tried usepools=0, my texmaxload is 30 and texbadwidth 40, and i have 30frames limited from fsx. Could it be an ati problem?

I have tuned my system and fsx and all are working great, but i can't get rid of the stuttters, i have stable 30 frames over honolulu but i have many stutters. I can't get rid of them,i have tried bufferpools from 2mb to 100mb, i have tried usepools=0, my texmaxload is 30 and texbadwidth 40, and i have 30frames limited from fsx. Could it be an ati problem?
Are the stutters autogen related? if you reduce your autogen slider, do you still experience them?

I have the trees and buildings per cell at 3000, and the sliders to dense. Yes it gets better if i decrease the slider but they are still there. I curently have 2mb bufferpools. It seems to work better for me, some users say closing the ati catalyst will help...

I have the trees and buildings per cell at 3000, and the sliders to dense. Yes it gets better if i decrease the slider but they are still there. I curently have 2mb bufferpools. It seems to work better for me, some users say closing the ati catalyst will help...
Can you use this and report back:TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=450TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=300Yes, I know they are considerably lower than the default values. Also, set you autogen slider to dense.

Well i tried these settings and did'n help very much, but the extermal limiter helped... It reduced my stutters about 70% and now i have ver few. In clear weather i its perfectly smooth. In thunderstorm it gives me some stutters, i also installed the shader 3.0 pack.

This game is buggy. My framerate is normally good, but sometimes (it has no sense) if I change the aircraft I experience important drop in framerates, it has no reason and it do not happend with a plane in special, it happend randomly when changing to see different planes. But not only I loose framerates dramatically, also with some external planes (no problem with microsoft defect ones) I Ioose the F9 key functionality, so if I move to external fiew (F11) I can´t return to virtual cockpit using F9 key until I restart FSX, but I can change view using right mouse and selecting the view in the menu (but I can´t do them with my joystick assigned mapped button). This simulator is really a pain, I can fly normallly with good framerates, but theree are lot of things that can perturb the experience. I don´t understand this game, and I think nobody understand, also the creators, otherwise we would see a patch to solve problems.I think some addons may interfere framerates seriously, and not only because gives more details, also because different kind of incompatibilites. There are scenarios that drop dramatically framerates to all people (like Aerosoft Madrid), plugins that drop seriously and randomly framerates (like FS Discover), aircrafts with F9 and F10 keys that do not works (and kill these mapped until restart the simulator) and also drop framerates a lot. I have not installed a lot of external things, but enough to became to a conclusion... this game (or simulator, you dedide) is a bug program. What extrange to me is why so many expansions and efforts with a program that is buggy, consumes so many resources, and do not offer a real phisic simulation of airplanes. Maybe the optimization is a game itself. I still fly FSX, there are some experiences really wonderfull when all is ok..., but sometimes I have te tentation to directly unisntall from my computer.

Quick question regarding the external FPS limiter. What/where do I install/run these files?I'm using your custom .fsx configuration creator and was wondering about the external FPS limiter.thanks

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

I put the fslimiter folder to fsx folder and run the jar file, in this script you give fsx.exe route and frames limit (30 frames) and it creates a .bat file. You start fsx using the .bat file and it limits it to 30 frames. I use it with enbseries and works fine with no problem.

*******,Excellent tool, worked an absolute treat. One thing i've noticed is a lot of spiking with the autogen, no idea if this is to do with bufferpool's or whatever - its fine though, I can deal with it Big%20Grin.gifThanks once again!

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

The spiking means your GPU is overloaded...Either turn down settings, or try to turn up the card!

- if you have the hardware - as usual with FSX - that can handle it, then yes...

Turning the water up didnt really do anything, fps stayed the same, water just looked a little sharper.I did however find that if i limit the FPS, to say 50, which it stays locked at all the time, the spikes go!Even though FS now seems slightly more sluggish that it did with the FPS at unlimited, but we can't have everything! :(

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk