Sign in to follow this  
c152flyboy

an open letter to GEX, UTX, REX, FTX, NickN, Justin, paul and more

i was just flying in FSX and i had to stop and write this letter to all who have made FSX so fun to fly. i read a lot of FSX and add on forums (usually multiple times a day) and unfortunately there are a lot of topics like "why doesnt this look right" or how come i have blurries" or some sort of problem. i have had the occasion to write many of those myself as well. but today i was flying and everything was just right and i had to stop and say thank you to everyone who helped make this a very enjoyable flight. i fly using both DX9 and DX10 depending where i am and what it is exactly i want to see and both flights today were just right. so...( and i apologize to anyone i may miss )thank you Nick, Anthony, and crew for GEX which makes looking at the ground a more enjoyable experience, even though i should be looking out for other traffic. GEX has been a wonderful addition to FSX and you continue to improve on it and make it better. Nick, your time and dedication to helping people with FSX has been stunning and i owe you a handshake and a drink for the way your help has make my system run.Thank you Allen, Jeff, and crew for UTX which makes flying in FSX a real joy and for improving what i see so very much. having accuracy in FSX is what it is all about.Thank you Tim and crew at REX for making weather so much better visually as well as all the other enhancements REX brings to FSX. flying near water or in a beautiful sunset looks all the better now. (cant wait for those clud shadows and other enhancements :( )Thank you John and crew at FTX as well as the OZx guys. John, the detail and attention your group bring to FSX is simply amazing and makes FSX a whole new sim for me. Thank you Paul Wheeler and crew for the FSWC and the free sceneries. FSWC is something i would have paid for but your generousity and talent is amazing.To Justin, your mesh products are fantastic and get better with every addition you add to them, it makes FSX look all the better.Thanks to John and Tom for UT2, it makes sharing the friendly skies even better now.Thanks Phil Taylor for the time you spent on the blogs helping us all when we were first starting out with the woes of FSX, i learned a lot from you as well.Thanks to the guys over at Scruffy Duck for making ADE, such a great program, again someting i should be paying for, for allowing to make FSX even better and allowing me to share my work here at Avsim.I may have missed some people and i am sorry to those i forgot but i just wanted to say thanks to all. sometimes we see some negativity on the forums, and sometimes not everyone gets along, I have been negative once or twice myself. but remember we all come to FSX and to the forums for our favorite products because we all love the sim. so again thank you for allowing me to have some of the best flights i have ever had outside of being in the PIC in the pilot's seat myself.Kyle Cormier

i was just flying in FSX and i had to stop and write this letter to all who have made FSX so fun to fly. i read a lot of FSX and add on forums (usually multiple times a day) and unfortunately there are a lot of topics like "why doesnt this look right" or how come i have blurries" or some sort of problem. i have had the occasion to write many of those myself as well. but today i was flying and everything was just right and i had to stop and say thank you to everyone who helped make this a very enjoyable flight. i fly using both DX9 and DX10 depending where i am and what it is exactly i want to see and both flights today were just right. so...( and i apologize to anyone i may miss )thank you Nick, Anthony, and crew for GEX which makes looking at the ground a more enjoyable experience, even though i should be looking out for other traffic. GEX has been a wonderful addition to FSX and you continue to improve on it and make it better. Nick, your time and dedication to helping people with FSX has been stunning and i owe you a handshake and a drink for the way your help has make my system run.Thank you Allen, Jeff, and crew for UTX which makes flying in FSX a real joy and for improving what i see so very much. having accuracy in FSX is what it is all about.Thank you Tim and crew at REX for making weather so much better visually as well as all the other enhancements REX brings to FSX. flying near water or in a beautiful sunset looks all the better now. (cant wait for those clud shadows and other enhancements :( )Thank you John and crew at FTX as well as the OZx guys. John, the detail and attention your group bring to FSX is simply amazing and makes FSX a whole new sim for me. Thank you Paul Wheeler and crew for the FSWC and the free sceneries. FSWC is something i would have paid for but your generousity and talent is amazing.To Justin, your mesh products are fantastic and get better with every addition you add to them, it makes FSX look all the better.Thanks to John and Tom for UT2, it makes sharing the friendly skies even better now.Thanks Phil Taylor for the time you spent on the blogs helping us all when we were first starting out with the woes of FSX, i learned a lot from you as well.Thanks to the guys over at Scruffy Duck for making ADE, such a great program, again someting i should be paying for, for allowing to make FSX even better and allowing me to share my work here at Avsim.I may have missed some people and i am sorry to those i forgot but i just wanted to say thanks to all. sometimes we see some negativity on the forums, and sometimes not everyone gets along, I have been negative once or twice myself. but remember we all come to FSX and to the forums for our favorite products because we all love the sim. so again thank you for allowing me to have some of the best flights i have ever had outside of being in the PIC in the pilot's seat myself.Kyle Cormier
Nice thoughts.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Guest 413X3

while all those addons are world class, without the tweakers like ******* and Nick, I would have given up on FSX a long time ago

If you believe that time is the only true currency, we're lucky to have some very generous people working on our behalf.Mark

Very well said and deserved, and it's not like they got rich on the hours they spent ,there all very talented . I know myself i hardly fly jet's any more cause the scenery these guys made tweaks and all i'm down to low and slow. We better throw Pete Dowson in there the FSUIPC guy . Louis