Sign in to follow this  
stefltt

Transponder TA/RA and IVAO

good evening,is it normal when flying online on IVAO, after the "cabin crew seats for take off" call, that when the FO turns on the transponder to TA/RA it does not activate the IVAP's transponder ?When doing the after landing check, when the FO turns off the transponder, it also turns off the IVAP's Transponder to standby.

vpa055.png

is it normal when flying online on IVAO, after the "cabin crew seats for take off" call, that when the FO turns on the transponder to TA/RA it does not activate the IVAP's transponder ?
This is perhaps more a question for the Maddog developers than FS2Crew.I don't have the IVAP client installed at the moment, but one thing to try is to manually set the Maddog transponder to TA/RA as you taxi out. Does that activate the IVAP transponder?If it works when you set it manually, but not when you use FS2Crew, then it may be something for Bryan to look at.

This is perhaps more a question for the Maddog developers than FS2Crew.I don't have the IVAP client installed at the moment, but one thing to try is to manually set the Maddog transponder to TA/RA as you taxi out. Does that activate the IVAP transponder?If it works when you set it manually, but not when you use FS2Crew, then it may be something for Bryan to look at.
Generally that be one one for the Maddog aircraft developers.I might suggest contacting them as they're finishing up the next SP for the Dog.However, if push comes to show, I might be able to add that functionality if I can get the offsets used by the IVAO client.Best,

There's an option that can be set in the maddog load manager (I don't remember the name.) when it is checked, the transponder work with the aircraft GSCM. So even if you set it to TA/RA IVAP's transponder will stay in standby until the aircraft in airborne, and it will go in standby as soon as the main gear touches on landing. This is also how it works in real life, mode S gets active only when airborne. Unticking that option causes the IVAP transponder to be linked only to the switch position in the panel (if you set TA/RA in the panel, it will also activate IVAP's transponder). In either case I believe you have to thick the option Read/write panel/cockpit offsets in the IVAP configuration. So please Bryan, do not add an option, since it could mess up with these things.Here's the link to a post on the Leonardo forum:http://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.ph...ransponder+IVAP

Okay, thanks for the link. I didn't know this function. I will give it a try on my next flight. And I think mine is ticked in my MD Load manager. I will try unticked.

vpa055.png

There's an option that can be set in the maddog load manager (I don't remember the name.) when it is checked, the transponder work with the aircraft GSCM. So even if you set it to TA/RA IVAP's transponder will stay in standby until the aircraft in airborne, and it will go in standby as soon as the main gear touches on landing. This is also how it works in real life, mode S gets active only when airborne. Unticking that option causes the IVAP transponder to be linked only to the switch position in the panel (if you set TA/RA in the panel, it will also activate IVAP's transponder). In either case I believe you have to thick the option Read/write panel/cockpit offsets in the IVAP configuration. So please Bryan, do not add an option, since it could mess up with these things.Here's the link to a post on the Leonardo forum:http://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.ph...ransponder+IVAP
Thanks for sharing that.