Sign in to follow this  
flightwatch

scenery issue

It's MHTG v2. I have all the normal texture files...even though the scenery doesn't say anything about need them.Any thoughts??Mattwhatintheworld.png

I don't have the scenery, so I don't know what extra texture it requires.But it looks to me like missing trees. Do you have the Gerrish Grey's Tree Library v3 installed?If not, get it, install and see if the problem is solved.I don't know who the developer of this scenery is but it would be a good idea to email them or post in their forum, if any.Usually the best and fastest way to get all kinds of display problems solved. :(

I just download the scenery (and the afcad and the optional update) to check it out.It requires that a file named Agen_XTrees_lib9_2.BGL be in your Scenery/Generic/scenery subfolder and there is some doubt in my mind that the auto-installer would put it there.I installed to a temporary folder and it appears the file in question would not end up in the correct location.Look in the scenery subfolder of the MHTG_v2 entry and see if you find a folder named Generic. If so, you will find the file in question in a subfolder there and can move it where it belongs.Hope that helps.

I had this same issue for a while and I think you'll find Opa's solution works -- as usual!Don't forget to come back and tell us if it did work for you. A thank you to "Mr." Opa would be nice as well!

I did what Opa suggested before I posted the issue on here. Just in case, I re did it, and threw the extra folder away. I also have an email out to the designer to see what he might suggest.Thanks Opa.You don't want to be thanked Trelane?? :( Matt

I did what Opa suggested before I posted the issue on here. Just in case, I re did it, and threw the extra folder away. I also have an email out to the designer to see what he might suggest.Thanks Opa.You don't want to be thanked Trelane?? :( Matt
It take it then that you still have the problem - is that correct? Just not sure from what you say in your post.The airport displays properly for me with the file I mentioned placed in the correct location.

Yes, I still have the same issue. I placed the rouge file into "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\Generic\Scenery" and it has made no difference.I might go ahead and install the patch to see if it makes a difference. I didn't install it before because it says that it's only for low-end systems. I have a system that's more than capable of running the scenery.Matt

Yes, I still have the same issue. I placed the rouge file into "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\Generic\Scenery" and it has made no difference.I might go ahead and install the patch to see if it makes a difference. I didn't install it before because it says that it's only for low-end systems. I have a system that's more than capable of running the scenery.Matt
That really is strange as it all looks rather nice on my machine -Wonder if you might post another screenshot or two - from a slightly higher altitude and angle - not really sure what it is that you are missing - we assumed it was trees, but such missing textures usually show up as "white" rectangles and it appears you have "dark" block. Perhaps you are missing some else entirely.

Ok. Here are 4 more shots that I just took. I have plenty of trees as seen in shot 4, but I think that is what I'm missing within the sceneryMattMHTG.jpgMHTG2.jpgmhtg3.jpgMHTG4.jpg

Those are what missing textures from trees typically look like.I have to wonder if you have previously installed any "tree enhancement" package which might have changed the default tree texture names.If they have changed, then the tree library (the bgl we discussed earlier) would not be able to find the proper tree texture names and would display white items such you see.Is that worth checking into?

I do have Natural World Trees installed. I'm wondering if that would have changed the defaul names...

Those are what missing textures from trees typically look like.I have to wonder if you have previously installed any "tree enhancement" package which might have changed the default tree texture names.If they have changed, then the tree library (the bgl we discussed earlier) would not be able to find the proper tree texture names and would display white items such you see.Is that worth checking into?

I do have Natural World Trees installed. I'm wondering if that would have changed the defaul names...
Assuming (always a bad thing to do) that you or the program made a backup of the default tree textures before installing that enhancement, I certainly would see if restoring the default tree textures makes any difference.As usual, hunting down such a problem involves a lot of trial and error.BTW - This is a quote from the author of the tree library (Agen_XTrees_lib9_2.BGL):The trees are exactly tailored on the default tree textures (TreesXX.bmp).If you replaced the default tree textures some tree may not work correctly.This happens when any single replaced tree exceeds the original treedimensions.Resized "default" textures (for higher framerate) should be fine.end quoteGood Luck!

Interesting stuff!! I am in the middle of a flight right now, but I will restore the default textures as soon as the flight is done, and I will report backThanks!

OK, I reinstalled the default trees with no luck. So it seems that I am missing some other "tree" file.

Taking a shot in the dark here but do you have the ISD Milan Malpensa LIMC scenery installed?I had this problem with that MHTG scenery too and I believe from what I remember it was related to the fact that the developer used some of the ISD trees in the scenery. I don't exactly know what the issue was but I do remember it got the better of me and the only way to get trees at MHTG was to disable LIMC and vice versa.Ultimately I got the LatinVFR MHTG scenery so no more problems, and its a pretty decent scenery.