Sign in to follow this  
Dave Feldman

FS9 Access Denied

Just installed FS9 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 and when I try and start it I keep getting this warning. Has anyone had this happen.Dave .

It would appear that you installed FS under a default Program file path rather than recommended location outside of Program files.Try this - Right click on the shortcut which starts FS and set it to run "as adminstrator". That is not the same as being logged in as adminstrator.Hopefully Win 7 will now see that FS has permission to create whatever is needed to run.Keep us posted.

Just installed FS9 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 and when I try and start it I keep getting this warning. Has anyone had this happen.Dave .
Dave,Try this. Download Ultimate Windows Tweaker: Ultimate Windows Tweaker Once installed, Navigate to 'Additional Tweaks', under Useful Context menu for Drives and Folders, select and place check in Show "Take Ownership" also check Show "Take Ownership under Files only". Then close Ultimate Window Tweaker, navigate to where FS9 was installed by viewing the folder from Computer/C:Users/ ....ect. Right click on the folder, on the menu select 'Take Ownership'. Once you take ownership right click on the folder itself, then Properties, Security tab, Advanced button, Permissions tab. If Deny is showing for any user, click Change Permissions button. Then highlight the Denied user and right click, then click Edit tab, place check mark in the Allow boxes (all boxes checked), Apply button then Click OK on all those open views. Another reason I use Ultimate Windows Tweaker is to remove those stupid shortcut arrows on desktop icons that were created when placing the shortcut icon on the desktop. There are some other tweaks, view and check any that might apply. My FS9 is in C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games and I did not have any problems running FS9 first time.Note: Do A System Restore Point before doing the above. jrocky

Jrocky, no luck mate. Just a bit more info. When I try and navigate to the user/appdata/ folder it doesn't seem to be there. I'm positive I change the folders so they were'nt hidden.Dave.

How is your user named and what is your path to the temporary folder under W7?For temp folder check in CP -> System -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced Tab -> Environment Variables. You can also specify your own folder wherever you wish (which would probably solve your error). You have to reboot after making such change.FS9 when opening wants to open a temp file in your user-temp-folder. Failing to do that, and that's the message, will result in an error.

Jrocky, no luck mate. Just a bit more info. When I try and navigate to the user/appdata/ folder it doesn't seem to be there. I'm positive I change the folders so they were'nt hidden.Dave.
Dave,See Opa's post on installing FS9 and FSX in Windows 7: FS9 and FSX installThough Opa's relates to Home Premium the same procedure should also work for any Windows 7 installs. Jrocky