Sign in to follow this  
Guest raymondt

How will fsx run on this?

Guest raymondt

Hi all,I'm still running XP and FS9, but i guess i want to try to go over to Win7 with FSX. Can anyone give me an idea on how my computer is suitable to do this? Ofcourse i do want to fly with add-on scenery and planes like PMDG. ;Intel Core 2duo E8500 @ 3,16GhzNvidia 8800GTX/HTDP/768M4Gb Ram Kingston PC2-6400/800 (will be upgraded to 6Gb before i switch over)3 x 500Gb Sata harddriveAntec Truepower Quattro 850WattThanks for taking the time to take a look. Regards,Raymond

Hi all,I'm still running XP and FS9, but i guess i want to try to go over to Win7 with FSX. Can anyone give me an idea on how my computer is suitable to do this? Ofcourse i do want to fly with add-on scenery and planes like PMDG. ;Intel Core 2duo E8500 @ 3,16GhzNvidia 8800GTX/HTDP/768M4Gb Ram Kingston PC2-6400/800 (will be upgraded to 6Gb before i switch over)3 x 500Gb Sata harddriveAntec Truepower Quattro 850WattThanks for taking the time to take a look. Regards,Raymond[/quoteHelloPush that E8500 to 4ghz which it will do easily, and you will run FSX ok as long as you are sensible with the slidersand stay away from areas such as New york , Paris , London ect.

Guest raymondt

ok, sorry to hear... guess i'll be staying with fs9 for now :)

Guest TU0833
ok, sorry to hear... guess i'll be staying with fs9 for now :)
exactly what's holding many simmers to switch to FSX. Even an overclocked Quad Core struggles in complex areas.

I run FSX on a core2 duo @ 4.1 with a GTX 280 and it's fantastic, I use the WinXP 64, the BP=0 tweak and stick to a 24 inch monitor and I don't have to hold any sliders back. The sliders are sensible but not by any means on the low end. I think that 8800 GTX should be okay.Why not load FSX and give it a shot, I was pleasently surprised, and you may be as well.