Sign in to follow this  
Guest Collezio

VERO Flight Simulation Environments Lab., NEW ERA for FSX ?

Guest Collezio
Hi,For me the best compromise for photoscenery in terms of quality, size, performance and price is Simsavvy. Right now, for less than 200 $ you get Arrizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, washington, Wyoming, Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachussetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New york, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode island, Virginia, Vermont, West virginia on a 5000GB hard disk driveAlabama, Florida, georgia, North carolina, south carolina, mississipi and I believe Michigan will be offrered as free upgrades by june 1st.Here is a screenshot of Vermont (clouds added by Active sky/ REX):
Yes price and large areas are important but as far as I am concened, not a signle square mile worths a dime for me if it doesn't come with night and seasons. I think that VERO, if it's true that they will be able to produce such big areas in such a short period of time (40.000sqkm in 2 weeks or even every month) is going to give me all I want/need. What Gabriele said here about lowering the price of sales according to the number of sales they will make, maybe it means they really are able to produce so much square milage in few days, as it's clear they aim to sell more and more areas as they release?Plus, I have flew over Megascenery and Savvy textures and all Gabriele says about the optimization work, it's true and so VERO quality is light years above those guys.

Plus, I have flew over Megascenery and Savvy textures and all Gabriele says about the optimization work, it's true and so VERO quality is light years above those guys.
I agree the VERO stuff looks really good, especially the shots with autogen. The lack of autogen and night textures is the only thing that kept me from buying SimSavvy. I can live withouth the autogen, although I prefer it, but I cant go without night textures. Now I just need to sit back and wait for them to hit the east coast so I can start buying. If I didn't already own the older, good, MegaScenery SoCal, I would be a buyer of what they are doing in that area, but I am satisfied with what I have for Southern Cal. Hopefully Florida and the East Coast wont be too far away. If they can at some point do areas like Rio and other cities in South America with autogen, I will have my debit card out and waiting for the release date. Hopefully sales will be good enough for them to move into these areas.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

hi,Yes it looks very very good :( but what will be the price for 34 US states? and what will be the size? :( Sorry guys, I don't see the point of having high resolution textures when flying VFR at night. Navigation is all about following lighted checkpoints!! UTX does it very well and you can combine it with simsavvy . See below, at dusk over Utah. When it is pitch dark, whatever the resolution, it is black, sometimes dotted with bright spots, as in real world. Not worh overloading your PC!

Guest GabrieleC

SF Bay (38.000 sq.km)-- Daylight variation (one of the seasons or HW) = 21GB-- Night = 500MB (40 times less than daylight) :(