Sign in to follow this  
Guest Collezio

VERO Flight Simulation Environments Lab., NEW ERA for FSX ?

Guest GabrieleC

content removed

Hi GabrieleAs a commercial member you are not allowed to advertize your product here.Please read our Terms of UseThx!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

content removed
Grazie! :(

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Well that does look better with the autogen. I would consider buying with the seasonal/day/night textures if it included autogenBUT Here is a revolutionary ideaThis company coordinates it's efforts with ORBX and the release the whole world instead of the same products.I will give props to the first company that take the plunge and does scenery for rural Nebraska.Just like a lot of people that are sick of seeing the US, I am sick of seeing scenery on the coasts. San Francisco, LA... Let me guess, PNW is next? Maybe a little Florida and some NYC to round things off.My guess is this project will just go after the low hanging fruit rather than committing itself to doing the whole world, whole US or whole anything. At least ORBX stuck to their guns and did all of Australia before they ventured out.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Well that does look better with the autogen. I would consider buying with the seasonal/day/night textures if it included autogenBUT Here is a revolutionary ideaThis company coordinates it's efforts with ORBX and the release the whole world instead of the same products.I will give props to the first company that take the plunge and does scenery for rural Nebraska.Just like a lot of people that are sick of seeing the US, I am sick of seeing scenery on the coasts. San Francisco, LA... Let me guess, PNW is next? Maybe a little Florida and some NYC to round things off.My guess is this project will just go after the low hanging fruit rather than committing itself to doing the whole world, whole US or whole anything. At least ORBX stuck to their guns and did all of Australia before they ventured out.
How come you didn't mention Michigan? :( It always seems to be left out-except in the early 1980's when it was one of the first out.

Michigan is exactly what I had in mind when I said that. I just didn't want to seem like a homer.Anyway, it is great that someone is trying something new and we need all the choices we can get but this one seems like another 767 to me.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Michigan is exactly what I had in mind when I said that. I just didn't want to seem like a homer.Anyway, it is great that someone is trying something new and we need all the choices we can get but this one seems like another 767 to me.
Has anyone tried their free scenery (mt. Shasta) that is availble on their site? I'd try it and have some real shots to compare but my hardrive which is quite huge is already so full of photoscenery that I am about to run out of room!

Has anyone tried their free scenery (mt. Shasta) that is availble on their site? I'd try it and have some real shots to compare but my hardrive which is quite huge is already so full of photoscenery that I am about to run out of room!
I tried it (summer day only, so far) and it's pretty nice, but I'm not sure it's a new era. There is a lot of commercial and free scenery that already has this quality. I'm going to do my own version of Mt Shasta and see how it matches up.

Guest ArtieLange
The videos do look nice but I would miss the autogen and the cars on the roadways. I think the ORBX way of doing things is the wave of the future - it is closest we will come to having cake and eating it. Of course, it is much more labor intensive but the results are truly spectacular.
I tried the orbx PNW demo and didn't care for it, a nice scenery but it will always be generic. Megacenery PNW to me is way better than orbx.

Guest LCSims
I'd try it and have some real shots to compare but my hardrive which is quite huge is already so full of photoscenery that I am about to run out of room!
Three magical words... External Hard Drives! Either that or a nice 2tb internal HD from Newegg!And if Michigan had mesh... There's some out of the way places that have high res mesh, so that Sean might have some corn fields or chicken farms to fly over! :(

Three magical words... External Hard Drives! Either that or a nice 2tb internal HD from Newegg!And if Michigan had mesh... There's some out of the way places that have high res mesh, so that Sean might have some corn fields or chicken farms to fly over! :(
Yep-those big drives are on my list...now only need the stock market not to tank every day so there might be some $$ to buy one..

Yep-those big drives are on my list...now only need the stock market not to tank every day so there might be some $$ to buy one..
LOL, buy and hold is DEAD Geof. You need to start trading the market or at least find a way to hedge your positions with options, currency, or metals. Or learn how to short the dips so you can profit :-)

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest GabrieleC
1) it does include autogen. All the seasons, all the areas will have autogen. 2) We've been trying to talk to ORBX as their 3D is fantastic. We only wanted to make photoreal ground textures and so we could have collaborate on a big project but, they didn't reply to our emails. Maybe the reason why thery were not interested was becasue they want to release products they fit in a single DVD (as stated here http://www.avsim.com/pages/0410/FTX/PNW.htm ). We don't care of producing TB of data. HD to include an entire state like California (2TB) costs few bucks and prices goes down every month making simmers want bigger and bigger areas (if they like the product of course :) )EDIT -------By the way, if all goes as expected, then we will start producing top quality 3D environment. I come from multimedia and graphics industry and we have many top 3D designers ready to start working. But we 're still interested in collaborating with ORBX as their 3D is already superb.---------3) It's stated everywhere but I say it here again... "we will produce the whole USA first as orthoimagery is available as public domain, then, if we will make enough sales, we will buy European and South american countries."Why should we stop at one area? What we do here is to feed or PCs with aerial ortho images and let them bake the final result.4) we understand you guys are comparing what we do according to the area we are about to release but you will start thinking different when you will start seeing the areas available growing every 2 weeks from SF bay to the whole state to the whole country. We have found the way to optimize millions of seamless (well... not very seamless) tiles to produce large areas (large = the whole planet) of photo realistic ground textures in all the seasons + hard winter. I would NOT buy a single square km of photorealistic ground texture anywhere if that was a the price of losing snowy ground, seasons, night and autogen. So what we are doing here is adding someting, taking nothing away.5) As far as the areas we started from... we chose the west coast and California because it is the most complete territory as far as land (coast, mountain, big cities, hard winter, etc). Plus we made a poll asking what areas were most simmers fly on and the west coast come out first. I have been living in NYC for 8 years and I am looking forward to have NY state and manhattan in my FSX.Anyway, the production speed is all matter of investment. If this product will have seccess, we will hire human beings to add autogen faster and we will add more PCs dedicated to the optimization, seasonal and night variations. It requires big investments.Just so you know... we have made the whole USA already but this was for military and civil professional training using these companies hardware. The desktop simming is a separate business that will need to finance itself. So, again, the production speed is related to the money we invest which must come from the sales we make. We will not invest if we don't see you guys like it/buy it. This applies to the rest of the world (Brazil, Argentina..........)This morning I woke up and I found 15 emails from american fellow simmers asking many questions. I'll answer to all of them and I'll also answer to your here in avsim.Cheers,GabrielePS: you can have some questions answered already by reading here http://simflight.com/2010/03/18/interview-...ro-simulations/AVSIM review will come out soon

Guest GabrieleC
There is a lot of commercial and free scenery that already has this quality. I'm going to do my own version of Mt Shasta and see how it matches up.
Really? Could u please mention one?Thanks a lot!Gabriele

Hey Gabriele, dont be put off by the naysayers, there are plenty of people here who wont hear of anything other than the product they like. Believe me, I have had first hand experience when informing people of a new product I came across. If the product is good, people will buy it, I like your site, I am just downloading the free samples to try. The concept is ideal - its what everyone really wants, just as long as the reality lives up to the description. I for one will buy everything you can make!! all the best with your efforts and look forward to the first commercial release! Cheers, Mark