Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

Forthcoming Repaints

That Kalitta Air looks great!!! Email sent.
Hi All,Many thanks to Shannon who tested the FS9 Kalitta BCF for me. This is now posted to Avsim. Also, another aircraft has ths left the PMDG Paint Hangar tonight and is currently on a test flight. Test pilot 413X3 is in command. Here's a couple of snapshots... And, here's an update on the Repaint Request list...Repaints List (just completed & outstanding):
    1. Thai Cargo (fictional 747 but based on current 777 livery -FSX & FS9) (Maurice) - FSX & FS9 posted to Avsim
    2. Cargolux (-400F in new paint scheme) - FSX & FS9 posted to Avsim.
    3. Olympic Airways fictional (George) - -400PAX posted to Avsim
    4. UPS (F/BCF) (Marcelo) - --400F & -400BCF posted to Avsim
    5. Virgin Atlantic (G-VXLG) Ruby Tuesday for FS9 & FSX (Damien) - in the paint hangar awaiting final gloss coat!
    6. Air Canada n/c (Ian) - test fight underway by 413X3!
    7. Dragonair freighter (mine)
    8. Transaero 747-400 (mine)
    9. New United livery for -400F (Lachlan) -prep work started
    10. New Aerolineas Argentinas livery (mine) -prep work started
    11. Updated TNT with "Sure we can titles" (Alex) -prep work started
    12. ABC -400Fwith 20 year anniversary livery (mine) -started!
    13. Continental nc -400PAX update for FS9 ("JB")
    14. Surprise #1
    15. Surprise #2
    16. The last surprise!!! - Open position -depending on majority of requests made & my own ability to repaint.Aer Lingus old livery - votes = 1Thai Cargo (#2) (based on Moe's last request above) - votes = 2Eva Air Cargo B-16407 (David) = 1ANA 747-400 Pokejet (Joao) - votes=1Continental old colors -400PAX for FS9 ( "JB") - votes=1

Regards,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Guest wmagrietha

Mark,You are amazing. I am new to FS, and just bought a copy of the 747 at Best Buy. Since loading it, I have been looking for some good colors to add. I like the older colors more than the newer stuff. I would like to add my vote for the Continental old colors. This is my first post in this forum, so I hope this is how it works, If it isnt please let me know, and accept my appoligizes.

Mark,You are amazing. I am new to FS, and just bought a copy of the 747 at Best Buy. Since loading it, I have been looking for some good colors to add. I like the older colors more than the newer stuff. I would like to add my vote for the Continental old colors. This is my first post in this forum, so I hope this is how it works, If it isnt please let me know, and accept my appoligizes.
Hi Walter & PMDG pilots,Your first post arrived without problems. Welcome to the PMDG community and thanks for your comments on the repaints. I will update the repaint list accordingly.So now for some more updates...The TNT update is coming along quite nicely but I haven't finished yet!Here's a couple of screenshots to whet your appetite. I have pretty much overhauled the repaint and it now displays the latest "Surer we can titles" on the fuselage and the tail. Regards,

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

Mark,Thank you for all your excellent work. Any chance we can get the new UPS paints in an FS9 version?

Lee Adams

JAFO

Mark,Thank you for all your excellent work. Any chance we can get the new UPS paints in an FS9 version?
Hi Randy,Glad you like the repaints! Sure. Let me finish off some in-progress paints and I will convert the -400F and -400BCF to FS9 for you.Hi Folks.... More Repaint News!!!!!The Air Canada -400 for Ian and other aspring AC pilots is now ready for take off! I updated the fuselage textures to adjust the color. The AC blue color is quite hard to get right with the various lighting aspects of FSX. I would be interested in your comments and opinions? This baby can be found at Avsim with ID# 280062.Remember, the screenshot is not what you're actually seeing in the sim so best to download it if you want to take a look. :( In addition, Lachlan has another new baby to fly, ...... a new United/Continental -400F freighter...This package includes some additional features. Big%20Grin.gif Just posted to Avsim. ID# is 280067. Have fun!

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

That would be great if you could make that adjustment. It would be for FS9. I can wait and see what happens with the old colors. Thanks you,
Hello "JB"., (Not sure what your real name is????)Anyway, just to let you know the Continental 747-400 is available in the latest pre-United merger livery for FSX. Avsim ID# is 280078. See screenshots below.... And as per your request, you wanted the FS9 version of this repaint. Since I don't have FS9, I'm looking for you or another volunteer tester to try this out and let me know if the textures look OK?. The download can be found here:-http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ST6QO1G7Note: This is for testing purposes only. I will post the finished version in Avsim.Let me know who wants to to test this FS9 version and provide feedback?Thanks,

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hi Folks,As you can see I have been working my way through the list of requests. The new 747-400ERF TNT livery with "Sure we can titles" has now been posted to Avsim. ID# is 280077. You can catch a glimpse of OO-THA below:- Right now this is how the list stands right now. As you can see I have pretty much finished off requests from everybody else and I only have mine to do with the exception of Ruby Tuesday which I need to finish off this week (promise Big%20Grin.gif ).I plan on converting the UPS aircraft for FS9 shortly and will be looking for a volunteer to test!Repaints List (just completed & outstanding):

1. Thai Cargo (fictional 747 but based on current 777 livery -FSX & FS9) (Maurice) - FSX & FS9 posted to Avsim
  2. Cargolux (-400F in new paint scheme) - FSX & FS9 posted to Avsim.
  3. Olympic Airways fictional (George) - -400PAX posted to Avsim
  4. UPS (F/BCF) (Marcelo) - --400F & -400BCF posted to Avsim
  5. Virgin Atlantic (G-VXLG) Ruby Tuesday for FS9 & FSX (Damien) - in the paint hangar awaiting final gloss coat!
  6. Air Canada n/c (Ian) - posted to Avsim
  7. New United livery for -400F (Lachlan) -posted to Avsim
  8. New Aerolineas Argentinas livery (mine) -started!
  9. Updated TNT with "Sure we can titles" (Alex) -posted to Avsim
  10. ABC -400Fwith 20 year anniversary livery (mine) -in progress
  11. Continental nc -400PAX update for FS9 ("JB")- FSX version posted to Avsim, FS9 package needs testing
  12. UPS -400BCF & -400F FS9 conversions (Randy) - this week
  13. Dragonair freighter (mine)
  14. Transaero 747-400 (mine)
  15. Surprise #1
  16. Surprise #2
  17. The last surprise!!! - Open position -depending on majority of requests made & my own ability to repaint.Aer Lingus old livery (Carl1997) - votes = 1Thai Cargo (#2) (based on Moe's last request above) - votes = 2Eva Air Cargo B-16407 (David) = 1ANA 747-400 Pokejet (Joao) - votes=1Continental old colors -400PAX for FS9 ( "JB") - votes=2

Regards,

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

what happened to the original virgin repaints/ i gave up when the first one didnt work :(

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

what happened to the original virgin repaints/ i gave up when the first one didnt work :(
Hi Alex,Remind me what your problem is/was? Many of the Virgin repaints are now compeleted and as far as I know working.Can your provide more details on what you are seeing (or not!) and we'll try and help you out.ThxMark

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hello "JB"., (Not sure what your real name is????)Anyway, just to let you know the Continental 747-400 is available in the latest pre-United merger livery for FSX. Avsim ID# is 280078. And as per your request, you wanted the FS9 version of this repaint. Since I don't have FS9, I'm looking for you or another volunteer tester to try this out and let me know if the textures look OK?. The download can be found here:-http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ST6QO1G7Note: This is for testing purposes only. I will post the finished version in Avsim.Let me know who wants to to test this FS9 version and provide feedback?Thanks,
JB is my real name. I have a multiple IDs to prove it. Due to the nature of my job, I can not give out my last name; at least not a real one (I know, it sounds a little odd, but it is true). Anyway....Thank you for making the adjustments so quickly. I will load it into FS9 as soon as I can this evening. I will be happy to help out with any FS9 repaint you need tested.Thanks

JB is my real name. I have a multiple IDs to prove it. Due to the nature of my job, I can not give out my last name; at least not a real one (I know, it sounds a little odd, but it is true). Anyway....Thank you for making the adjustments so quickly. I will load it into FS9 as soon as I can this evening. I will be happy to help out with any FS9 repaint you need tested.Thanks
Hi JB,Thanks. Didn't know if I was being impolite but thanks for clarifying.Yeah. Please try it out and let me know if you have any problems. If you do, send me a couple of screenshots so I can see what's going on.Many thanks,Mark

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hi Randy,FYI - The FSX UPS repaints have been converted to FS9. Can you try them out please?Preliminary zip packages can be downloaded at this site below. Let me know if you have any issues or not- hopefully not!UPS -400F: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E9TUQSKDUPS -400BCF: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y84ZVBLCCheers,

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Let me know who wants to to test this FS9 version and provide feedback?Thanks,
Based on looking at the images that you have posted, and comparing them to a photo of an old Continental 747-200, It looks like the name is to tall, and sits back a little to far. Again, I have never seen a 744 in Continental colors, so I am not sure. I have attached the image that I am basing this off of.Continental 747Thanks,

Hi JB,OK. I'll make the main title a little smaller. I'll work on this tomorrow.I'll let you know when I have an updated version to test.cheers,

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hi Mark,I was wondering if it would be too much trouble to make a 744-8 in Varig´s old livery, like the one they had when they flew the 744s back in the 90s.Like this one:ppvpi.jpgThanks!Carlos