Sign in to follow this  
acmech

I can't believe, I just now stumbled on this Great Freeware!

ALL I can say is WOW :( !!! check this out and thanks :( David Biggar for this awsome work of art!!!!!!!!!!!Click here to get this great freeware (for fs9 only) http://www.projectopensky.com/index.php?ap...mp;showfile=786
Looks nice, I may give it a try! SMF always brings to mind a personal experience. Some years ago I used to travel for my company often flying two or three times a week, and when I wasn't on the road I'd take short trips to LA or Reno/Tahoe, or stay overnight with my parents the Napa Valley. I used to joke with my parents that I had the one job where I could never be called into work last minute, since my assignments always required coordination and planning with my clients and our travel agents. So when the phone rang one morning and my Mom picked it up and said "John, it's for you" I assumed it was one of my friends who heard I was in town. So I anticipated for a few seconds that I was going to have a great day.Instead, it was my boss, who said "We need you in Michigan tonight, one of the team members is sick and has to fly home". Two hours later I found myself checking in for a flight to Chicago at SMF. I never heard the end of it from my Mom, and although she gave me heavy teasing she would screen my calls from that point onward whenever I came to stay with them.SMF also almost became the last airport I ever flew out of on that long, long day. I had to catch a puddle jumper from ORD to my destination in northen Michigan which was delayed by several hours, so by the time we neared the airport in Michigan it was approaching midnight with a solid deck of fog. The pilot made three approaches and could not break out of the fog far enough out to get a good alignment on the runway. He then told us we had no choice, he had to land due to low fuel and we were going to have to go in low. We were as close to the trees as I ever wanted to see on that approach. When we finally touched down, another pilot who had been deadheading on the flight was first off the plane and he knelt down and kissed the ground. That's when I understood how grave our situation was.My business partner who came to pick me up said from his end, he saw our first three approaches and heard us go around each time--he was getting exasperated watching the whole thing from his end. We were all pretty experienced flying on commercial flights and he knew how dangerous things were getting. He said on the last approach the landing light appeared just above the treeline and it was several moments before we touched down.So I have special memories of SMF humorous and serious, from the one day I was called into "work" two thousand miles from "home".Thanks for letting me digress, now let's see if I can download and install this scenery!Regards,John

Thanks for sharing this. I browse the OpenSky site occasionally and had completely missed this piece of great looking freeware!Regards,Mel

Thanks for sharing this. I browse the OpenSky site occasionally and had completely missed this piece of great looking freeware!Regards,Mel
So had I, until last night :( .I was hoping that I wasn't thE only one that did not know about it :(

So had I, until last night :( .I was hoping that I wasn't thE only one that did not know about it :(
Yep David did in awesome job with that airport I had it listed in one of my old threads under scenery's in development he used to post progress work of that scenery over at the projectopensky fourms.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Wow, thanks...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Thanks for letting us know about this. It's a brilliant scenery and well worth installing.Pete.

No prob guys :( I am sure you guys would have done the exact same thing :(

Anybody have a problem with building crashes when pulling up to the gate?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2