Sign in to follow this  
jfri

FS2004: Rudder on default C172

I've been struggling to get used to my rudder pedals, and have been buzzing around in the 172.I'm a little bit frustrated with the behavior of the plane in turns. If I bank to the left, the ball in the slip/skid indicator moves slightly to the left for just a moment, but then sticks right in the middle. No matter how much I toss the plane around, the center of the slip/skid acts like a magnet for that black ball. Basically, there doesn't seem to be a purpose in using the rudder pedals at all once I am in the air.To answer the obvious question, yes I have made sure that auto-coordination is unchecked in the realism settings.Just for the heck of it, I tried the Dreamfleet cardinal, and it actually gave me a reason to use the rudder pedals, When turning, rudder was definately necessary to fly coordinated, especially when entering the turn.So ... I guess there is 3 options ... 1) I am doing something wrong, 2) This is the way the C172 should behave, or 3) It's just the way that the default flight model behaves.I suspect #3, but I'm not a real-world pilot and I am new to the rudder pedals, so it'd be great to hear from those who are more knowledgable.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

My guess would be no 3 also. If you still have FS2002 try something like the Valmet Vinka from Maliniemi/Virtanen, it even has spin capabilities, I'm quite sure yo

I have made the same discovery except that it doesn't matter if it is a left or right turn. But if I use the pedals the ball will move.But it does not seem to be necessary to make a coordinated turn (at standard rate)