Sign in to follow this  
imn2sims

Stuck Menu Bar

Like title says, holding down the ALT key doesn't remove the menu bar. I'm almost sure that's the way I used to do it. Anyway, I'm running under Vista in Full Screen mode if that helps any.ThanksSteve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Like title says, holding down the ALT key doesn't remove the menu bar. I'm almost sure that's the way I used to do it. Anyway, I'm running under Vista in Full Screen mode if that helps any.ThanksSteve
Try Right clicking the screen just below the Menu bar and then select the option to hide it.

I have x64 Vista and the ALT key will turn on the menu bar but not turn it off. Also I have noticed that if I turn on the menu by the ALT key then it takes twice to turn it off by right clicking on the screen and choosing Hide Menu Bar. The first time I click it nothing happens and then the second time I click to hide it, it works. But if I use the right click screen menu to turn on the menu, then it will turn off by the right click menu the first time. Weird.

spacer.png

The menu won't go away when you press and HOLD the alt-key...? You have to press and hold it (until the menu goes away), otherwise it won't work. It's not a simple toggle.

I have x64 Vista and the ALT key will turn on the menu bar but not turn it off.
I use 64bit Vista, and (like Jeroen says) you need to hold the ALT key until the menu disappears. It doesn't vanish immediately.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The menu won't go away when you press and HOLD the alt-key...? You have to press and hold it (until the menu goes away), otherwise it won't work. It's not a simple toggle.
Well I've held it down pretty long, maybe 10 secs. or so, and it doesn't go away. I'll try Jimmy_S's suggestion and report back.Thanks againSteve

Steve Corzine

OK, looks like I'm experiencing exactly what Jimmy_S is so maybe it's a Vista 64 thing. Anyway, thanks, at least I can now get rid of it when needed.Steve

Steve Corzine

To remove the menu bar with no delay press simultaneously the left and right ALT keys.Regards,Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

Yes, I have read about holding the ALT key to hide the menu but I don't know why that won't work for me, my friend has x64 Vista and it does work for him. I will give that a try Serge, I haven't heard of that one, thanks.

spacer.png