Sign in to follow this  
boshar

FS-X add-on airliner on a Windows x64 OS

At the moment I have the Simcheck A300 and its a great add-on but I also want an easy 'self navigating' airliner in my fleet.I'm looking for a medium haul airliner add-on with an advanced FMS system. The FMS needs to be a Boeing or Airbus 'like' system (which means that the PMDG 747 is to big and the PMDG MD11 has 'the wrong' system). The Wilco / Feelthere add-ons are not guaranteed to work on x64 systems. Besides that am not too impressed with the quality of their CRJ add-on I have for FS9.A lot of upgraded FS9 add-ons seem to have problems in FS-X (or there is a vocal minority in the support forums which gives that impression)I have the following FS9 add-ons for possible upgrade:Level-D 767Coolsky MD-80 (breaking my own has to be Airbus/Boeing FMS system)ATR 72-500Are the FS-X versions any good or is it beter to keep using these on my FS9 machine.I also considered updating the default FS-X airliners with an add-on FMS system. Are there good upgrade panels for the default aircraft? (I was dissapointed when I found out I had to use the default Garmin to fly the A321 with a flightplan)Thanks for any help you can give.PS I use FS9, FS-X and X-plane and if I had the time I would install Fly2k and Flightgear too!

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

I assume you mean Windows 7 x64 ?I recommend the FSX Level D. I do most of my flying with it at the moment. Positives are you know how to operate it already. It's very stable, good frame rates and is bug free and you should get an upgrade discount.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

When you say it has to be an Airbus or Boeing, is that because they are what you're are used to?I was a bit apprehensive when I initially bought the PMDG MD-11, I'd already got the Flight 1 Super 80 Pro so knew a something about the McDonnell Douglas avionics. Plus, with the PMDG MD-11 not being terribly cheap, I wondered whether i'd regret spending so much on a payware product. My apprehension soon turned to relief though when I did the MD-11 tutorial a few times; I'd say it's relatively easy to get the hang of if that's the main reason for you to void it straight away.Adam

The QW 757 sounds like a candidate for what you are looking for as well

Jay

Hello,A perfect choice for you is Captain Sim's B757-200. I logged few hundred hours on this bird and I personally think that it is one of the best add-ons available for FSX. I love everything about this model; the virtual cabin, performance, exterior, a lot of repaints available online... etc. There are 2 expansion packs available with this model: the 757-300 and 757-200F. Hope this helps

Well I found Eaglesoft's Citation X 2.0 to be quite simple to use after a quick read of the manual. I don't know what style of FMS it is but I can program a short hop (under 300 nm) in about 5 minutes. Their C750 also has VNAV so as long as you set your descent altitude prior to descending, the autopilot will take care of that. The throttle system is nice in that is has a FADEC and if you have the FSUIPC registered version all the detents are modeled as well.Highly Recommended!!http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/CitationX_20.htm(Plus they are having a 10% off sale right now)p.s. I run it without issue in Vista x64

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

am not too impressed with the quality of their CRJ add-on I have for FS9.
the CRJ is a 'fleet' simulation, meaning it has simplified system modeling. the CRJ is also a FS8 aircraft having been updated for FS9 and then FSX.the ERJ v2 and Ejets are generations removed from, and more advanced than the CRJ in depth of simulation.
The Wilco / Feelthere add-ons are not guaranteed to work on x64 systems. Besides that
very very very few reports of problems with the ejet and ERJ v2 running in a win7 or vista environment. almost all problems relate to -
  • UAC not OFF
  • FS installed in the OS programs directory (the is a BIG problem with win7).

i suggest you review the ejet (emb) and erj v2 support forums -http://forum.iemit.com--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

i suggest you review the ejet (emb) and erj v2 support forums -
Totally agree with you scoob, I own both and they work flawlessly under Win7 64 bit on FSX. Very nice planes, especially the ERJ v2Also, I highly recommend to the OP they upgrade their LD767 and their ATR72, as both are excellent sims that also work very well under Win 7 64 bit.I own all PDMG AC and they all work nice except the B1900C which has prop texture issues with clouds, but I don't really mind it as my Aeroworx King Air B200 has the same issue and I'm used to it. The only real exception is after several hours of trying and using their tutorial, I still can't "get" how to control their MD-11 outside of autopilot using the FMS. It just does crazy things. Their J4100 and 744 QOS are incredibly nice though.Finally, I have to say the CS 757 is a POS, as every version I have ever used has serious framerate and control/AP issues.

Thanks for all the responses so far. A few quick reactions.I myself use Windows 7 64bit as OS. My impression is that going 64bit (be it Vista or Windows 7) opens up a few problems with existing add-ons.I'm a bit afraid of FS9 add-ons that where 'made to work' (minimal effort) in FS-X. I'm looking for add-ons that work 100% in FS-X.Feelthere states that only 32 bit systems are supported on their website. I've seen Scoob helping owners with 64bit OSes but before I spend money on a new add-on I want at least a product page that list Windows 7 64bits as a supported OS. I kind of like the Fleet sim part of the Feelthere add-ons. I already have the Simcheck A300 to make me sweat :( so I find a light workload an added bonus.I looked into the Level-D 767 upgrade and at $ 14,00 its a steal. Even my CD-Rom version could be upgraded and ist a clean new FS-X install (no patching or upgrading neccesary). I'm installing it as we speak.I'm not sure about upgrading the ATR. I know its a free upgrade but i see lots of messages on their forum about Windows 7 and Vista problems. The 64 bit versions also get mentioned a lot. Some of these support question stay unanswered so I think I'm going to save myself some frustration and leave the ATR on the ground. (I do the computer problem solving as a day job I don't want to do it during my hobby)Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I've been out of the FS-X loop a long time and most FS-X news that reached me was the GA / Bush flying type. New Airliner suggestions still welcome!

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg