Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

capt sim 767 and 757

I'm running ut2 80% (%1 Ga) I think .Mind you default kjfk eats my fps:not so when I use fsdreamteam kjfk... no prob with Lfpg here...just the CS planes.II still did not fly the 727.but it does look nice !
Do you have water set high? That will kill frames, as well as ground shadows (Aircraft shadows are ok) (Bloom Lens Flare?) I get around 14fps with the 757 at KDFW with 100% WOAI Traffic. (I just landed there in the 757 today.) I just tried LFPG and get 15FPS Scenery extremely dense, Autogen Dense, Water 2XLow, 10M mesh 90 mi Weather Visibility. That's only with an E6850 3.0Ghz not Over Clocked, 4 GB 800Mhz DDR2 mem, and only a 9800GTX 512MB card. There definitely seems to be something wrong here!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Do you have water set high? That will kill frames, as well as ground shadows (Aircraft shadows are ok) (Bloom Lens Flare?) I get around 14fps with the 757 at KDFW with 100% WOAI Traffic. (I just landed there in the 757 today.) I just tried LFPG and get 15FPS Scenery extremely dense, Autogen Dense, Water 2XLow, 10M mesh 90 mi Weather Visibility. That's only with an E6850 3.0Ghz not Over Clocked, 4 GB 800Mhz DDR2 mem, and only a 9800GTX 512MB card. There definitely seems to be something wrong here!
I got water on 2xlow, no bloom and no ground shadows.scenery extr dense and autogen dense.
what operating system are you running? got any system hog antivirus running? disabled content indexing etc? Seems weird that Concorde is going well but the Boeing isn't. Very strange indeed.
Os win7 x64, yes disabled indexing...I basically setup my os following nick's guide.The pmdg boeing goes well it is the cs one that doesn't.

ok other things to check:if you have the enb series mod running, try disabling itif you have x64 windows 7, have you done the uiautomation core tweak HERE (scroll down to almost the bottom, the crucial post is on May 5th this year)?are you getting stutters? Have a good read on the PMDG Graphics corruption thread HEREIt's an enormous read I know, but good things come to those who wait :)It's a whole can of worms you are opening here you realise.... Good luck!Oh, the thing that made by far the biggest difference was me was the affinity mask setting in the config file. Definitely look into this one if you haven't already.

Blodwenblod,

ok other things to check:>if you have the enb series mod running, try disabling itRemoved it.>if you have x64 windows 7, have you done the uiautomation core tweak HERE (scroll down to almost the bottom, the crucial post is on May 5th this year)?are you getting stutters? Have a good read on the PMDG Graphics corruption thread HEREDone bothOh, the thing that made by far the biggest difference was me was the affinity mask setting in the config file. Definitely look into this one if you haven't already.
Affinity mask on 60 here. :-)Thankss

One other thing, is your 757 the current version, bought new or the upgrade from the old Block B model? If the latter, try uninstalling it. Clean out the existing CS 757 folders and reinstall. (Backup your downloaded liveries if any first though) If the folders weren't cleaned out at the time of the upgrade, the old model may never have gotten written over with the new one, and those were performance hogs!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Thats interesting, on my system my CS757 gets just about the same framerate as the MD-11. Perhaps something is corrupted in your installation?

One other thing, is your 757 the current version, bought new or the upgrade from the old Block B model? If the latter, try uninstalling it. Clean out the existing CS 757 folders and reinstall. (Backup your downloaded liveries if any first though) If the folders weren't cleaned out at the time of the upgrade, the old model may never have gotten written over with the new one, and those were performance hogs!!
I bought it yesterday so it must be the latest release ?Just guessing..

Thats interesting, on my system my CS757 gets just about the same framerate as the MD-11. Perhaps something is corrupted in your installation?
Could be, you never know.But.The md11 is light here.I have the feeling maybe your install is corrupt if the md11 gets the same fps as the cs757 :)

Could be, you never know.But.The md11 is light here.I have the feeling maybe your install is corrupt if the md11 gets the same fps as the cs757 :)
I was thinking more with yours!! With your specs, you should leave my system in the dust, with even the hardest performance hitting addons!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

I was thinking more with yours!! With your specs, you should leave my system in the dust, with even the hardest performance hitting addons!
My system is ok really. I have tons of addons but as of now only the cs 757 is giving me crapola.

My system is ok really. I have tons of addons but as of now only the cs 757 is giving me crapola.
I wasn't referring to your system, since everything else seems to be running ok! I was suggesting there may be something wrong with your CS757 installation., Maybe you should try re-installing it? I've heard others report weird things like that. The first install causes problems (Sometimes Performance related), but a reinstall fixes it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

I wasn't referring to your system, since everything else seems to be running ok! I was suggesting there may be something wrong with your CS757 installation., Maybe you should try re-installing it? I've heard others report weird things like that. The first install causes problems (Sometimes Performance related), but a reinstall fixes it.
Okie.Will try reinstalling. Should I uninstall->reinstall or just install over the current installation ?Thanks.

Okie.Will try reinstalling. Should I uninstall->reinstall or just install over the current installation ?Thanks.
Uninstall, clear out the folders it created. (Backup your downloaded liveries first, if any. If they use ACE, just backup the variant folder.) Then reinstall.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Believe it or not I have the flightsimlabs concorde myself and it is not heavy on the frames ! I have no idea why the cs 757 is so bad here. I tried bojote's tweaks but the only thing that seems to be making a difference is the highmemfix one. .I'm using the utility available at flightsimlabs for the tweaks.I also like the shader mod 3.0. Unless you're referring to other tweaks ? Yes the sale was a good thing !Bob, thanks I will try that. The CS767 is not soo bad when it comes to fps hit.Not as bad as the 757..at least on my machine.
The CS 757 has so much attention to detail (as so is the 767), that it takes FSX longer to load all of the polygons of the model. If you want framerates, take the QW 757 or the POSKY 757. Personally, I like the POSKY 757 better, because it was a model very easy to fly and especially due to the large number of variatons of aircraft. The QW 757 at the moment still has some issues with the systems. What adds the drag to FSX is the number of polygons included within each aircraft. The lower the number of polygons there is, the quicker it is for FSX to load the polygons included. However, since scenery files are only loaded within a certain position of the aircraft being flown, the LFPG scenery has no effect on FSX performance.

The CS 757 has so much attention to detail (as so is the 767), that it takes FSX longer to load all of the polygons of the model. If you want framerates, take the QW 757 or the POSKY 757. Personally, I like the POSKY 757 better, because it was a model very easy to fly and especially due to the large number of variatons of aircraft. The QW 757 at the moment still has some issues with the systems. What adds the drag to FSX is the number of polygons included within each aircraft. The lower the number of polygons there is, the quicker it is for FSX to load the polygons included. However, since scenery files are only loaded within a certain position of the aircraft being flown, the LFPG scenery has no effect on FSX performance.
True (about the Polys) but that's not the point! According to his specs, MindYerBeak has what should be the highest performing system available today. A system that should be able to handle addons like the CS757. He should not be getting lower frames then what would be considered a mid range system. He states he gets 8fps at LPFG while my mid range system gets 15FPS. That with the same settings I use. That should not be!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!