Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

capt sim 767 and 757

True (about the Polys) but that's not the point! According to his specs, MindYerBeak has what should be the highest performing system available today. A system that should be able to handle addons like the CS757. He should not be getting lower frames then what would be considered a mid range system. He states he gets 8fps at LPFG while my mid range system gets 15FPS. That with the same settings I use. That should not be!!
with the _cs 75_ my fps are not so good in general.I mean in flight the sim is smooth but I do get stutters off and on. Approach to lfpg sucks. Fps go up and down like a yoyo and even hit 8! What is annoying is that my pdmgs fly light and smooth ( everywhere).If all is nice and smooth with the pmdgs I don't understand why things are not so with the cs757 ?

The CS 757 has so much attention to detail (as so is the 767), that it takes FSX longer to load all of the polygons of the model. If you want framerates, take the QW 757 or the POSKY 757. Personally, I like the POSKY 757 better, because it was a model very easy to fly and especially due to the large number of variatons of aircraft. The QW 757 at the moment still has some issues with the systems. What adds the drag to FSX is the number of polygons included within each aircraft. The lower the number of polygons there is, the quicker it is for FSX to load the polygons included. However, since scenery files are only loaded within a certain position of the aircraft being flown, the LFPG scenery has no effect on FSX performance.
Care to share what systems have issues? Also, as a member of Project Opensky... comparing the QW model to the POSKY one is laughable.

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

I've got to agree with the OP.I made the mistake of buying the CS757 in the recent sale - what could go wrong for

ngxu_banner.png

Guest wims

I also bought the CS 757 in the recent sale and I must say I'm pretty satisfied, certainly satisfied for the price i got it for! Sure, I also ran into a few problems, the autopilot would not engange for lateral modes, auto throttle wouldnt engage and I wasnt able to get the FMC to calculate the top of descent. After reinstalling FSUIPC the autopilot started working as advertized and by always choosing a transition point for the SID i used for departure the FMC happily calculates T/D. I also have slightly lower FPS than in my other paywares, but the difference is not big, I'd say around 5 fps lower. Certainly not a showstopper, nor enough for me to retweak my sim. I did have lockups when I got close to big airports, but I fixed this by adding an exception for my FSX folder in my antivirus. The cs757 has a few issues and nags, but almost all of them can be fixed really easily. I dont see why it would have such a bad reputation in the FS community. Maybe I'm just lucky that it works pretty good on my system.

True (about the Polys) but that's not the point! According to his specs, MindYerBeak has what should be the highest performing system available today. A system that should be able to handle addons like the CS757. He should not be getting lower frames then what would be considered a mid range system. He states he gets 8fps at LPFG while my mid range system gets 15FPS. That with the same settings I use. That should not be!!
True, but somehow the number of add-ons should be somewhat higher.