Sign in to follow this  
Capt Mac

Fuel Temp Gauge

I noticed that the fuel temp gauge stays below green into the red for extreme cold no matter what. Is there a setting I'm missing during my pre-flight to get the gauge to show in the green?CaptMacDon McDaniel

The J41,No it seems it always sits in the red, I always wondered about that.

Maybe you're looking at the fuel pressure??

Dan Downs KCRP

It's the J41. It's definitely the fuel temp gauge. Maybe it does not work at all?CaptMacDon McDaniel

So it is with me also. The Fuel Temp is frozen at the point of loading the simulation.Regards!Mandy Broschk

It works, just created a flight in Free Flight and it indicated approximate ambient temperature after load. I'm not sure if this guage is a thermocouple or a powered temp guage. If you are loading a flight then make sure you first load a simple default aircraft (I use the trike) before loading any complex add-on otherwise you get panel problems and weird FSX'isms. hope this helps

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan!Thank you for your Answer! My Free Flight is the C172 cold&dark. I then select the JS41. Now I load a Flight Plan. Next I load the weather. Now I press the Start button. From this moment the Gauge is frozen. Is at 20she is in one hour and at 15000 feet also 20. I have often tried. In cold or warm weather. No change of the gauge. :( Mandy Broschk(sorry for my bad english!)

I'll check this out again with various load ups, I have only seen it in the red (around 60C from memory) with out moving doesn't matter how I load the aircraft and weather.

I tried another test flight. He went from EGPK to LKPR.On the ground, in the air (25000 ft.) and after the landing, the fuel tempwas at 14C. I do not know what I'm doing wrong. I think it's a bug.Or? The case is not really bad. I can live with it. :( Mandy Broschk

I did another flight and noticed it was in the high 30's C (first time I have noticed it out of the red) on a 16C day, during and after the flight (1:45 flight) it remained in the same place. I am glad to see it out of the red, it hasn't moved for me yet but it doesn't bother me too much.

The temp probe is after the heat exchanger, I looked this up in the manual when this thread first started. Have a look.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry guys to bring up this again : May be there was a solution I missed ? On my JS41 the fuel temp gauge show always plus 25 degress Celcius, all the time. No matter in what flight stage I am. Was there a solution published ?Thanks.Steffen Rabenau

I'm confirm this too, fuel temperature gauge needl not immovable in any situation and conditions - FL, toutside temperature, always show the same value, approx. 17C(not 25 as Steffen below reported, although may be have different values that not change in any case (?))

Hello PMDG guys,is there an answer to this question about the "frozen" fuel temp gauge ?BestSteffen Rabenau