Sign in to follow this  
Guest johnellis75

Won't work

Guest johnellis75

Morning,Newbie to Radar contact,I get everything started fine but once in FSX i get the window asking to press '2' for the weather but nothing happens, if i manually select the freq it will start to roll off the ATIS.Once done i press '3' for clrnce and again nothing happens and if i manually select the ground freq i hear nothing......I've gone over the manual countless times and just can't figure out what i'm doing wrong??Please help as i'm itching to get this up and running....Thanks,

Guest johnellis75

Well, got it going and to say that i'm dissapointed is an understatement!

Well, got it going and to say that i'm dissapointed is an understatement!

Can't be too many like that.... just guessing, but I'd say RC has to have at least a 97% rating for happy customers.... I know I'm one of them...

Guest johnellis75

Sorry for delay, my work takes me away.I've give it a few more go's and to be honest i've removed UT2 and put world of ai back on and it seems to be ok, a little more activity doing as it should........But a few questions,Why does the upper (cruise) wind switch 180 degrees 'occasionally'?? Only happened since install..Is there anyway of getting the sectors/frequencies that are used, these seem to be a little random.Callsigns, despite the aircraft.cfg being correct and working on normal msts, a payware product seems to be missing the most common of national carriers.....I.E UNITED?????? I'm getting 'uniform' Yet, 'Eastflight' for a small U.K carrier is present. Anyway of adding the missing callsigns?

Callsigns, despite the aircraft.cfg being correct and working on normal msts, a payware product seems to be missing the most common of national carriers.....I.E UNITED?????? I'm getting 'uniform' Yet, 'Eastflight' for a small U.K carrier is present. Anyway of adding the missing callsigns?
UNITED is most definetly included in the callsign list, so if it is being called incorrectly, there is something wrong. I don't have UT2 but I believe it uses a different system of passing callsign information which may be causing some issues.A log would tell all (see sticky at top of RC forum on how to create on) and Jd should be able to work out what's happening.Subs

Regarding weather, are you using an add-on? If so, which one.Wind reversals in FS have been noted for a long time. This is due to sometimes missing reporting stations or quick changes between reporting stations in FS.If you acquire a registered FSUIPC (assuming you do not have a weather add-on) you can use it to aid in wind smoothing. If you have a weather application that may be offered. If you have ASE specifically see the sticky at the forum head. It can cause performance issues and incorrect reading of weather by RC and other applications.RC does not control weather. It only reads it directly from FS.

They suggest switching Global weather off... as this can cause problems when using ASE.Also, UT2 does things differently. I do know that you can make planes ahead of you, disappear in UT2, if you feel you are being kept in hold for too long. But be patient... it's not perfect but you should stick with it as it quite complex, and once you suss out all its nuances, RC isn't at all bad.

UT2 does a couple of things that need to be looked at in relation to RC.For arrivals it spawns the AI at a distance you set. If it is too short AI may not be in a pattern at your destination airport so that when it is time for RC approach to assign a runway with AI direction as top priority it may not exist or be in a stable pattern yet.It was noted that ground AI did not get a flight number until AI effectively received a clearance for whatever reason. Until then AI had only a tail number.

Yes I agree. I now remember that UT2 does let you specifiy a spawn radius, which should be set to some 50 miles I guess.Also, FSUIPC allows you to set TCAS to "0" = infinity. That helps too.