Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Do you have FSX 'Insurance'?!?

using Acronis true image on my system and its saved my ars 2x now.
Same here

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Sesq/others - many thanks for the helpful replies. I will review my backups and am sure I'll improve them thanks to your input.

Paul Skol

For those that have FSX running like a charm, please do the following and have worry-free FSX'ing...1. DEFRAG your computer system.2. Make an IMAGE back-up of your drive(s). This is easy if you have W7 Premium or Ultimate. Go to BACK UP and select on the top left of the page; Create a System Image.3. Run REGEDIT and then EXPORT a REGISTRY image file to your document folder. Name it REGISTRY BACKUP Image. Drag a copy of this file over to your ARCHIVE/BACK-UP hard drive..............................Congratulations...you now have a full Computer and Flight Simulation Insurance Policy! Boy...are you clever and smart for this!!! :( [/b]
I don't know if anyone is still up on this thread.As previously posted I have recently installed Win 7 (Professional 64), so last night I tried making a system image of my FSX (installed on a separate hard drive to my system) to a USB drive. I was able to do this, however I could not stop the drive that contains Win 7 also being imaged (I could not uncheck it in the setup for the imaging).What I was trying to do is to image just the FSX drive and then also export the registry, so that I can restore FSX to it's (near) pristine condition. I searched the web and found some reference to a "Backup and Restore Control Panel" that might allow for a more advanced selection of the drives tro be imaged including the syetm drive, however I could never find it on my PC- maybe it's only for a diferent flavor of Win 7??To the OP- were you referring to imaging the system drive as well as FSX, or have you found a way around that?Thanks, Bruce.