Sign in to follow this  
Leemazz

MD-11 new textures

Lee, I wanted to thank you for the HD textures. This was something I thought McPhat was going to release for the past year and a half, that never came to fruition. And out of nowhere you are gracious enough to share these works of art with us , for free!!I have gotten your Swissair and KLM paints to get reacquainted with the PMDG bird, which was in the hangar since August 2009. It was a pleasant surprise! I'm not finicky about the quality of repaints, as I get my enjoyment out of flying the plane not looking at it in spot view, but I must admit seeing your work, compared to the original PMDG repaints, is like night and day. PMDG's paints weren't ugly by any means, but I think it was known to the community that they were not quite PMDG quality and rather low resolution vs paints for the 737 or 747.Thanks again!

No problem man im glad you like them . I just couldnt resist painting the md11 in HD it was crying out for it . Im glad all the late nights and work i put into it paid off it took about a month to do the paintkit and spec and bump files . There will be more available at the weekend.Lee Marrow

Hi Lee,I feel really stupid posting this as no-one else here seems to have any problem installing your repaints. I have set the max load to 2048 in cfg and unzipped the file to the MD11 folder, and then pasted the text you said into the .cfg that was created within your repaint folder. I wonder if this last point is where i went wrong, but couldn't find another MD11 .cfg file anywhere! Really frustrated as dying to see the quality of them! Hope someone can help soon...ThanksSteve

Hi Steve,You're not alone,I also had problems installing,I was doing a few things wrong,but I was able to get it correctedFirst make sure you are installing in the right MD-11 folder/notice you have a Cargo and a Passenger version.Also instead of unzipping the compressed file directly to The MD-11folder, unzip it to a temp folder on your desktop,then open that folder and copy/paste the texture folder only in your MD-11 folder.That's what worked for me......Hope it helps.

Hey Steve Badaboom has pretty much explained it but if your still having problems let me know . Sabena is added to the list a good chance i will do it this weekend along with the City Bird colours .Lee Marrow

Probably a stupid question incoming...but when you say that those HD textures will use more memory, does this mean more gfx card memory or system RAM? or both?thanks anyway for your answer and big thumbs up for your liveries.

A bit of both i think . I dont really know enough about how FSX runs though to give you a proper answer , i will leave this one open for a correct answer . If your worried about running them and running out of memory on your comp the answer is you shouldnt get any problems really the textures are only increased to 2048x2048 and not a massive 4096x4096 which is what alot of HD textures are made at . I wanted everybody to have the option to use them so kept them fairly small for HD textures . There will be some new spec files for the pax paints coming soon as well i want the windows to reflect like windows so im working on them and should have them done tomorrow . Also ive been asked to do the VC but i dont think it would be possible as i think it will cause ooms . I did the CLS DC10 vc in HD but lost them in a system meltdown last year , they caused a few pauses while they loaded so i might stay clear of the vc . Im not PMDG would let me release them as a free upload as well .Lee Marrow

Lee, no rush on this but if you are looking for ideas for more HD paints for the MD11, how about doing the old Martinair livery for the passenger md11?PMDG has this paint on their liveries page, but it is applied to the Cargo MD11F. Strangely enough, that PMDG paint on the MD11F has windows! It's even more odd considering they have "fantasy" paints for airlines that never operated the passenger MD11.I have been watching the ITVV Martinair md11 dvd, and flying the eham to lepa routes with the cargo variant, and it seemed strange. I would love to see this in HD on the proper airframe.

Yeah i will be adding some more paints this weekend hopefully i just never got chance to last weekend .Lee Marrow

+ 1 for the Martinair :big freakin grin:

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Lee, no rush on this but if you are looking for ideas for more HD paints for the MD11, how about doing the old Martinair livery for the passenger md11?PMDG has this paint on their liveries page, but it is applied to the Cargo MD11F. Strangely enough, that PMDG paint on the MD11F has windows! It's even more odd considering they have "fantasy" paints for airlines that never operated the passenger MD11.I have been watching the ITVV Martinair md11 dvd, and flying the eham to lepa routes with the cargo variant, and it seemed strange. I would love to see this in HD on the proper airframe.
PH-MCS is a MD-11CF. Maybe PMDG made their repaint for the cargo version, because it has the forward main deck cargo door, while the pax version does not.

I was curious to know why the PMDG paint has cockpit windows. Did the real cargo bird also have windows, was it a converted freighter? Even if it was converted, wouldn't the windows be "blanked out"?

I'm going off of memory (which is a scary thing) and not near my dvd at the moment, but in the beginning of the dvd the Cpt mentioned something about their fleet and did mention some combi's or conversions or something along those lines...Lee, just curious, is the American Airlines available for download yet? It will be the first paint I get to try out from you and am looking forward to it.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi Dan the American paint is available in the library . Im sure some of the Martinair MDs were combis , three of them i think . Martinair used to use them as PAX by day and Cargo by night as they were quick change . Martinair have now turned them into full freighters removing about two tonne of equipment from them . Sabena and Martinair Pax to come .Lee Marrow