Sign in to follow this  
Guest icar36

Crash to Desktop

Guest icar36

Hi...Tried to launch the FS2Crew 2010 Level-D 767 and once I click on the gauge, MS FSX crashes to desktop (fatal error)I have both SP1 and SP2 installed for MS FSX...Re-ran everything I could possibly think of but to no avail...Did I forget something?

Hi...Tried to launch the FS2Crew 2010 Level-D 767 and once I click on the gauge, MS FSX crashes to desktop (fatal error)I have both SP1 and SP2 installed for MS FSX...Re-ran everything I could possibly think of but to no avail...Did I forget something?
Try deleting your FSX.CFG file (make a backup first). The FSX.CFG will rebuild automatically when you reload FSX.From experience, most CTDs now appear to be associated with users making (high risk) custom mods to their FSX CFGs files, which makes the sim unstable.If that does work, please email me and send me more info using "Event Viewer".Cheers,

It also happen if you load a situation flight saved with the level D aircraft instead of a default aircraft like the Cessna.If you want to save a situation to use it later, just change the aircraft to the default Cessna before saving. Then when you come back, load this situation with the Cessna, then change the aircraft to the 767.Or if you don't want to use a saved flight, choose your airport, choose a default aircraft, start the flight and at last change the aircraft to the B767 once you are at your departure airport in the default aircraft.

vpa055.png

I have the same problem as icar36, and i have tried deleting the fsx.cfg and still get a fatal error message when i click on the gauge.i have MS FSX SP1 and SP2 and everything else is up to date.Ryan

I have the same problem as icar36, and i have tried deleting the fsx.cfg and still get a fatal error message when i click on the gauge.i have MS FSX SP1 and SP2 and everything else is up to date.Ryan
Ryan,Did you try loading the Cessna first?Best,

yes, with no luckRyan
Hi Ryan,Try this:1. virus scan2. Defrag your hard drive3. Shut down all idle tasks and non-essential apps before loading FS (use a program called end-it-all).4. Update your audio/video driversWe have have a lot of users for the 767 Voice version, so it should work for you.Failing that, you might just have to do a clean install of your OS, and preferably upgrade to Win 7 if you don't already have it.I've had a few instances in the past where uses would have CTDs that we could never explain. They'd re-install their OS and the CTDs vanished.Cheers,