Sign in to follow this  
wannabeeagle

A small comment on phraseology

Hello BryanI have just started using this product, which I consider absolutely terrific. I have used FS2Crew since the first product, and I am amazed how you continue to innovate and create new ideas that work. I use the video marshaller, and I think it is a great product.Still, I have an issue, even if it is a very small one.When the FO calls "The line" in the departure checklist, there is 3 possible answers. One of them is "Position and hold". I assume that you just repeat the instruction from ATC, stating that You are to enter the runway and be ready for takeoff clearance. I am aware, that in US the ATC-instruction is "Taxi into position and hold". Anyway in Europe, the correct corresponding phrase is "Line up and wait". I know, as I hold a PPL and fly out of a quite busy, controlled airport. I always use english radio communication.As nothing in FS2Crew happens until You say "Cleared for takeoff", You can actually say whatever you like before that as response to the "The line"-prompt. But perhaps You could include the EU phrase in future versions.Another thing is the pronounciation of frequencies: FS2Crew demands "Set xxx point xx on nav 1/2", while in Europe the phrase would be "Set xxx decimal x ..." or "Set xxx decimal xxx ...".For me, at least, it would increase my immersion experience, but I know it is quite a luxury problem :-)Many regardsOle S