Sign in to follow this  
OldFlyboy

Please Help me with Vrinsight M-Panel with JS 41

I love the Jetstream and the M-Panel is a super piece of equipment but I cannot get them together. About all I can do with the M-Panel is tune the radios/transponder/etc. and operate flaps and gear. But the really crucial operations (IMO) are the AP functions and the M-panel cannot set any of them (however it can turn the AP "off"). Oddly enough, when the JS 41 AP is engaged then the M-Panel readouts are exactly as on the instrument panel. There is probably some simple procedure that I have missed, but don't know what else to try.There is bound to be some really bright, and generous, sim pilot here that can help and old (slow) pilot .My thanks in advanceNeal HowardTaking a break in Dogpatch

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Hello Neal,

Oddly enough, when the JS 41 AP is engaged then the M-Panel readouts are exactly as on the instrument panel.
the first point will disencourage you, but that is "normal"Other than with Level-D, VrInsight had no access to PMDGs SDK.So with the most complex Addon Aircraft you will have this behave!But second point will be a bit nicer:I have written some LUA commands for the JS41 for FSUIPCAll you need is a registered version of FSUIPC, otherwise the LUA scripts won't work.Have a look at Pete Dowsends FSUIPC ForumWith VRInsights ugly keymapper you can generate a keystroke for the M-Panel, e.g. "CTRL+A"In FSUIPC you can assign "CTRL+A" to a command out of my LUA file, e.g. HDG.But it comes better:FSUIPC supports VRInsight products since a while.You then don't need the ugly VRInsight Keymanager any more. Your M-Panel will be recognised in FSUIPC like a native Joystick.But it is a bit "complicated". Not really complicated, but you have to read FSUIPC manuals very thoroughly. Everything is very well explained there...Feel free to ask back here, but please try to read and understand FSUIPC and its manuals first :( (and feel free to PM me if I forget about this thread :( )below is a list of commands which are available with the LUA script:-- 1 Left Battery toggle-- 2 Right Battery toggle-- 3 both batteries on-- 4 both batteries Off-- 5 left avionics toggle-- 6 right avionics toggle-- 7 both avionics on-- 8 both avionics off-- 9 left generator toggle-- 10 right generator toggle-- 11 left gen on-- 12 left gen off-- 13 right gen on-- 14 right gen off-- 15 LEFT Bearing CIRCLE Knob Minus-- 16 LEFT Bearing CIRLCE Knob Plus-- 17 LEFT Bearing DIAMOND Knob Plus-- 18 LEFT Bearing DIAMOND Knob Minus-- 19 CCT Auto Cycle Switch-- 20 Pilot analog ADFVOR 1 Toggle-- 21 Pilot analog ADFVOR 2 Toggle-- 22 Pilot ADF1-- 23 Pilot VOR1-- 24 Pilot VOR2-- 25 Pilot ADF2-- 26 Left fuel Pump on-- 27 Left fuel Pump off-- 28 right fuel Pump on-- 29 right fuel Pump off-- 30 ground power switch toggle-- 31 warning mute switch toggle-- 32 NAV Lights ON-- 33 NAV Lights OFF-- 34 Console lights ON-- 35 Console lights OFF-- 36 TOCW Testswitch ON-- 37 TOCW Testswitch OFF-- 38 seat belt ON-- 39 seat belt off-- 40 no smoking on-- 41 no smoking off-- 42 toggle flood light-- 43 select engine 1 (LEFT)-- 44 select engine 2 (RIGHT)-- 45 unselect engines-- 46 Feathering and starting selected engine-- 47 toggle gust locks-- 48 toggle prop sync switch

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, Hifi, Simstarter, AivlaSoft, LORBY 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks guenseli. I was afraid that the SDK would be the reason for this problem. Your help will get me on the right track and maybe soon the M-Panel will do its job. You are certainly correct about the M-Panel keymapper.....it is too complicated. I do have a registered FSUIPC and have been using your "cold and dark" LUA for a long time. It really is a good add on. I have almost no experience using FSUIP for commands but will give it a try with the JS41.Thank you againNeal Howard

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Ahhh, you are experienced with LUA, very good!look into the JS41 LUA sticky at FSUIPC forums...theres a little explanation.should be clear how to assign the LUA commands.And to use the "FSUIPC VRInsight mod" look into FSUIPC Dokuments "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf"btw: have you seen the updated C&D LUA Script?theres now a little dialog at the beginning where you will be asked if you want to go C&D :(

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, Hifi, Simstarter, AivlaSoft, LORBY