Sign in to follow this  
janjansen

ATI Crossfire X/HD5850

Hi there,just wanted to point out that according to Unwinder,the developer of MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner + my own expirience there are still MAJOR problems with CrossfireX!The readme of version 1.51

- Added AccessibilityCheckingPeriod configuration file switch for improving the compatibility with AMD ULPS power saving technology on Crossfire systems. The switch allows low-level monitoring module to use AMD driver API to check GPU accessibility and detect and display GPU sleep state properly. Please take a note that AMD API implementation is ineffective and hardly suits to realtime monitoring due to high CPU stress resulting in periodic stuttering in games. That is why the compatibility switch is disabled by default, enable it only if you absolutely need to see slave GPU sleep state on the graphs and accept side effects like performance drop and stuttering resulting from ineffective AMD API implementation
The problem still exist from today, have removed the second hd5850 and the system is really 'flying'.The readme confirms my own observation that the cpu is stressed!No, the cards are NOT overclocked!ATI has to shame them selves not already solved this? I mean, i have bought an second hd5850 for what?Edit: yes, contacted ATI techsupport and they are playing dumb, they do not know that for instance clouds are THE major issue concerning FSX, asking me to install everything again (the standard answer from every tech support if they do not know what to answer) - did this so many times that i can do it blindfolded!Haven't heart from them for an couple of days, do not expect an answer because the drivers are faulty and they know it!

Hi there,just wanted to point out that according to Unwinder,the developer of MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner + my own expirience there are still MAJOR problems with CrossfireX!The readme of version 1.51The problem still exist from today, have removed the second hd5850 and the system is really 'flying'.The readme confirms my own observation that the cpu is stressed!No, the cards are NOT overclocked!ATI has to shame them selves not already solved this? I mean, i have bought an second hd5850 for what?Edit: yes, contacted ATI techsupport and they are playing dumb, they do not know that for instance clouds are THE major issue concerning FSX, asking me to install everything again (the standard answer from every tech support if they do not know what to answer) - did this so many times that i can do it blindfolded!Haven't heart from them for an couple of days, do not expect an answer because the drivers are faulty and they know it!
The last answer for three weeks ago was that they know (hehe an confirmation...) it and are working on it, they asked me to be patience...PATIENCE???? The whole world is crying out loud that it isn't working for months, may i say years??????????????????Got some sort of crossfire working, see http://forum.avsim.net/topic/293177-i-got-crossfire-working-in-fsx/page__p__1819618__hl__fsx+crossfire__fromsearch__1#entry1819618

Wait so I don't understand the first post at all. How do you know it's not working. Are you sure the bridge is on correctly.Secondly FSX makes no use of crossfire even if you get it working.

Hi,I'm sorry that you're having that problem. I have a crossfire setup too with two HD 5870 from XFX and my FSX is running like a champ... The only thing I do every month or so is a driver update (I think version 10.9 is current)...Maybe is a PSU problem... Xfire/SLI setups need more juice from you PSU and for that reason I recommend having at least a 850W PSU for XF HD5850 and a 1000W PSU for XF HD5870... What are your PC specs???Dexter

JzjBF8.png  80kts... V1... Rotate...

I9 9900K @ 5.0GHz HT On VCore Adaptive +0.01v LLC 6 - Asus Maximus XI Formula Z390 Cache @ 4.7Ghz Vccio 1.15v Vccsa 1.15v - Nvidia RTX 2080Ti FE OC - 32GB 4x8GB 3600MHz Dominator Platinum RGB 16-16-16-32 - 512GB + 2x 2TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD - 4K 55" LG OLED55B9PSB as monitor - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - MFG Crosswind - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Cherry Speed - Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro - Corsair MM800 RGB Polaris - Xbox Elite Wireless Controller - Klipsch RB-61 II + SW-110 Subwoofer - Pioneer Elite SX-N30 Receiver - Hex Gear R80 black case - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black/Black.

Hi,I'm sorry that you're having that problem. I have a crossfire setup too with two HD 5870 from XFX and my FSX is running like a champ... The only thing I do every month or so is a driver update (I think version 10.9 is current)...Maybe is a PSU problem... Xfire/SLI setups need more juice from you PSU and for that reason I recommend having at least a 850W PSU for XF HD5850 and a 1000W PSU for XF HD5870... What are your PC specs???Dexter
@ Dexter: would you mind sharing your CCC/Crossfire settings, I have FSX running with Crossfire 5870s as well and I would say it runs *okay* but not "like a champ" Maybe I have to tweak my settings...

@ Dexter: would you mind sharing your CCC/Crossfire settings, I have FSX running with Crossfire 5870s as well and I would say it runs *okay* but not "like a champ" Maybe I have to tweak my settings...
Sure...AA Tab: Use application settings checked and Filter using boxAAMode: Adaptive Multi-sample AAAF Tab: Use application settings checked AI Tab: Disable Catalyst AI unchecked and standardMipmap Tab: QualityBoth cards are overclocked using Overdrive... 890Mhz GPU and 1290Mhz Memory...Dexter

JzjBF8.png  80kts... V1... Rotate...

I9 9900K @ 5.0GHz HT On VCore Adaptive +0.01v LLC 6 - Asus Maximus XI Formula Z390 Cache @ 4.7Ghz Vccio 1.15v Vccsa 1.15v - Nvidia RTX 2080Ti FE OC - 32GB 4x8GB 3600MHz Dominator Platinum RGB 16-16-16-32 - 512GB + 2x 2TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD - 4K 55" LG OLED55B9PSB as monitor - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - MFG Crosswind - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Cherry Speed - Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro - Corsair MM800 RGB Polaris - Xbox Elite Wireless Controller - Klipsch RB-61 II + SW-110 Subwoofer - Pioneer Elite SX-N30 Receiver - Hex Gear R80 black case - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black/Black.