Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

What are the best freeware and payware flight planners for FSX?

What aircraft(s) do you fly?Where do you get the fuel burn charts from?Does the fuel burn chart cover takeoff, climb and cruise at various flight levels?As for the wind .. how does fuel burn and trip times get calculated for headwind or tailwind or and other wind direction?
The fuel burn charts are built into FSBuildBob

IMHO, none of them are the best. None of them are as good as FSNavigator was for FS9. Not even close.That's the only thing I miss from FS9...

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

William,I never used FSNAV for FS9.Did it have upper level winds, fuel burn for various commercial FS aircraft, SID/STARs, Approaches, and regular NavData updates?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

IMHO, none of them are the best. None of them are as good as FSNavigator was for FS9. Not even close.That's the only thing I miss from FS9...
Yep. I can't believe we don't have an equivalent planner for FSX. You could do bearings. Now I have to use FSX's planner to do bearings by dragging the route to the fix and copying the info down. FS Build is confusing to me so I wind up seldom using it and building routes fix by fix into FSX's planner.

Yep. I can't believe we don't have an equivalent planner for FSX. You could do bearings. Now I have to use FSX's planner to do bearings by dragging the route to the fix and copying the info down. FS Build is confusing to me so I wind up seldom using it and building routes fix by fix into FSX's planner.
Routes fix by fix in FSX planner? You should really try vroute, it's free.

Guest chickenwings

<<<< User error (sorry)