Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAS263

Verify sound settings

Well, after two short attempts I need to verify how my Win XP settings should be set. I have a normal soundcard and bought a USB headset with a built-in soundcard, Steelseries 3H. The Windows settings have for some reason changed around between my few attempts at trying out the FS2C J41 thingy.If I go to the Sound settings in Windows I should have the normal soundcard enabled under Audio/Sound playback and Sound Recording? Moving to the Voice tab I should have the USB headset under Voice playback and Voice recording?In MSFS Sound settings I choose the soundcard for Sound and USB Headset for Voice?And finally, yes I´ve pushed the HS button and selected the USB headset in the FS2C Config GUI, so that is the least of my problems.Some wierdness(?) I experience is that when I went to the MS Speech GUI and did the mike test my voice was routed to the loudspeakers, not the headset. I´ve probably just messed things up somehow. Can´t remember that things were this strange with the previous USB headset (which didn´t have a inbuilt soundcard)...

Well, after two short attempts I need to verify how my Win XP settings should be set. I have a normal soundcard and bought a USB headset with a built-in soundcard, Steelseries 3H. The Windows settings have for some reason changed around between my few attempts at trying out the FS2C J41 thingy.If I go to the Sound settings in Windows I should have the normal soundcard enabled under Audio/Sound playback and Sound Recording? Moving to the Voice tab I should have the USB headset under Voice playback and Voice recording?In MSFS Sound settings I choose the soundcard for Sound and USB Headset for Voice?And finally, yes I´ve pushed the HS button and selected the USB headset in the FS2C Config GUI, so that is the least of my problems.Some wierdness(?) I experience is that when I went to the MS Speech GUI and did the mike test my voice was routed to the loudspeakers, not the headset. I´ve probably just messed things up somehow. Can´t remember that things were this strange with the previous USB headset (which didn´t have a inbuilt soundcard)...
Hi Tord,I'm not sure if there is a question in there, but personally it's time to dump XP. The thing is like 10 years old. I suggest getting the English version of Win 7 64. It'll make your life easier!Cheers,

Hi Tord,I'm not sure if there is a question in there, but personally it's time to dump XP. The thing is like 10 years old. I suggest getting the English version of Win 7 64. It'll make your life easier!Cheers,
Lol, but I like to have software that is as old as my hardware ;) Skipping over Vista turned out ok, but Win7 seems to be OK. Still, I´ll wait until I get a new comp. /Wave