Sign in to follow this  
Que

FSX and FS( on same PC

I have not found anything in the topic search, so the question is....Can FSX and FS9 reside on the same computer without causing registery errors which will prevent FS9 from running?Thanks.

I have not found anything in the topic search, so the question is....Can FSX and FS9 reside on the same computer without causing registery errors which will prevent FS9 from running?Thanks.
I have both, but on different drives and have never experienced any problems.

I also have have both installed - on the same HD - no issues at all.However you should be aware that (at least in XP) if you should decide to un-install FSX, doing that wil almost always corrupt the FS2004 registry entry and it will not start.That is easily corrected with the free Registry repair utility from Flight1.Go for it,

Just as my foreposters said, I have also both simulators on the same HD, running Vista Home Premium 64 and there was never any problem. However, at least under Vista you must have administrator rights in order to be able to install add-ons correctly. Also it turned out that it is wise to install FS9 NOT in the usual location (normally C/program files/Microsoft Games/FS9) but instead anywhere else (at least not under program files) for installing all add-on's correctly. With FSX you can install at the default C/..../Microsoft Games/FSX with no problems at all. At least these are my experiences and observations under Vista 64 over the last 2 years. Hope it helpsDunkelwald

Thank you all for your reply. I have not migrated to FSX because I love the PSS 777Pro panel which is merged with PSKY 77L. I want to install FSX to be ready for PMDG's 777, which hopefully will have a better panel than their 747 Queen of the skies.Again thank you for your time and replies.John