Hi,Hopefully I'm getting into the final leg of this graphic card change...Long story, short; had to change graphic card from nVidia 9800GX2. First got a ATI HD 5890, which was terrible. Now have a nVidia EVGA GTX 480 Superclocked edition. Running FS9.1, Windows XP SP3, Quad Q6600 o/c to 3.2. Latest graphic card drivers and motherboard drivers. Playing in full-screen mode. nHancer enabled.My problem: The FPS is great for a few minutes, then drops drastically (from 60 FPS to 11 FPS). If I "alt-tab" to the desktop and come back, it goes back up to 60 FPS, but only for a few minutes. The same happens when I hit "alt" to go to the menu. Is this some kind of texture load issue?After a week or two I feel like I'm in the home stretch... Any help would be greatly appreciated.- daniel

Hi,Hopefully I'm getting into the final leg of this graphic card change...Long story, short; had to change graphic card from nVidia 9800GX2. First got a ATI HD 5890, which was terrible. Now have a nVidia EVGA GTX 480 Superclocked edition. Running FS9.1, Windows XP SP3, Quad Q6600 o/c to 3.2. Latest graphic card drivers and motherboard drivers. Playing in full-screen mode. nHancer enabled.My problem: The FPS is great for a few minutes, then drops drastically (from 60 FPS to 11 FPS). If I "alt-tab" to the desktop and come back, it goes back up to 60 FPS, but only for a few minutes. The same happens when I hit "alt" to go to the menu. Is this some kind of texture load issue?After a week or two I feel like I'm in the home stretch... Any help would be greatly appreciated.- daniel
As an aside: Nhancer doesn't work with the latest drivers (200 series) there are posts in this forum suggesting using NVidia inspector instead. This may or may not be relevant to your performance issue.Good luck.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Go into task manager and see what is hogging the CPU.  If it is FSX then look at bufferpools or TBM.  2 things that got me lately - 1) When UTXII loads traffic there is a definite pause. 2) Rex weather engine kept downloading weather over and over and has its pauses also.Check your driver 3d settings.  Do not use nhancer.  Some of the OC tools were reported to have been causing pauses due to the way it polled the fan speed.  Lastly,   FPS watching will bring no love.  I can easily dump 50 FPS by enabling UTII traffic around LA.Driver 295.32 all the way.Hope this helps - otherwise go have a brewsky.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

@ John. Good to know, thanks. Hopefully we'll see an update for nHancer soon...@ jja. Thanks for your input; all good advice. However I'm pretty sure it's a driver or fs9.cfg (FS2004 btw, not FSX) or some other hardware related issue, as I had none of these issues with my old card and have changed nothing since. Also... the low FPS goes away as soon as I hit "ALT" or change out of the full screen menu. I removed all the ATI and nVidia driver prior to install, using Driver Sweeper in Safe mode. However, something called "ati2evxx.dll" hangs around and I can't seem to get rid of it. Anyone know what's up with this? I can't delete it - though, I'm going to try to in safe mode.

@ John.  Good to know, thanks.  Hopefully we'll see an update for nHancer soon...@ jja.  Thanks for your input; all good advice.  However I'm pretty sure it's a driver or fs9.cfg (FS2004 btw, not FSX) or some other hardware related issue, as I had none of these issues with my old card and have changed nothing since.  Also... the low FPS goes away as soon as I hit "ALT" or change out of the full screen menu.  I removed all the ATI and nVidia driver prior to install, using Driver Sweeper in Safe mode.  However, something called "ati2evxx.dll" hangs around and I can't seem to get rid of it.  Anyone know what's up with this?  I can't delete it - though, I'm going to try to in safe mode.
ATI drivers and Windows historically don't get along.  I have an ATI TV card and that is about all I want to deal with.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png