Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A320wolf

Shutdown procedure and APU

Hi!First of all I'd like to say that FS2Crew has changed the way I fly with FSX!I decide to buy the Level-D Voice and I discover a new world ;-)I notice that when I turn off both FUEL VALVES, First Officer starts the shutdown checklist.But in this checklist he turns off also all fuel pumps and so the APU goes off! In this way if I don't connect the external power the 767 "die" :( I don't know if this is a real procedure but First Officer should ask if I want to turn the APU OFF and if "yes", he turns off all fuel pumps.It should be great also if he could contact the ground for external power and external air.Thanks!Regards, Max

Hi!First of all I'd like to say that FS2Crew has changed the way I fly with FSX!I decide to buy the Level-D Voice and I discover a new world ;-)I notice that when I turn off both FUEL VALVES, First Officer starts the shutdown checklist.But in this checklist he turns off also all fuel pumps and so the APU goes off! In this way if I don't connect the external power the 767 "die" :( I don't know if this is a real procedure but First Officer should ask if I want to turn the APU OFF and if "yes", he turns off all fuel pumps.It should be great also if he could contact the ground for external power and external air.Thanks!Regards, Max
You do not need any fuel pumps on to have the APU start/run in the 767. The FO will turn on the APU during his after landing flow. When you park at the gate, you close the fuel cuttoffs to kill the turbines, then the hyrdolics and fuel pumps are turned off, and the APU will still remain running.

You do not need any fuel pumps on to have the APU start/run in the 767. The FO will turn on the APU during his after landing flow. When you park at the gate, you close the fuel cuttoffs to kill the turbines, then the hyrdolics and fuel pumps are turned off, and the APU will still remain running.
Hi Scott.Thanks for your reply.... I'm studying the 767 so I still have much to learnI watched the AOA DVD for 767 and it says that the APU drops fuel from the left afterward fuel tank so the corresponding pump should be on.Anyway I notice that when I cutoff the fuel switches on the pedestal, FO starts the shutdown checklist, turns the APU ON but as soon as he turns off the fuel pumps, all the systems go off like when you haven't electrical power.I'll try again this evening ....Thanks.Bye, Max

Max thats strange, that should not happen as the APU has a dedicated fuel pump in the left tank. Confirm that when the APU is running and all fuel pumps are off that the left aft fuel pump press light is on or off?

Anyway I notice that when I cutoff the fuel switches on the pedestal, FO starts the shutdown checklist, turns the APU ON but as soon as he turns off the fuel pumps, all the systems go off like when you haven't electrical power.
After you vacate the runway, make sure you say "OK to clean up". That is what triggers the FO's after landing flow where he turns on the APU.Before moving the fuel control switches to shutoff, look at the overhead and make sure that the APU "Run" light is on. Also verify that the APU generator is connected to the buses.

Hi Scott.Thanks for your reply.... I'm studying the 767 so I still have much to learnI watched the AOA DVD for 767 and it says that the APU drops fuel from the left afterward fuel tank so the corresponding pump should be on.Anyway I notice that when I cutoff the fuel switches on the pedestal, FO starts the shutdown checklist, turns the APU ON but as soon as he turns off the fuel pumps, all the systems go off like when you haven't electrical power.I'll try again this evening ....Thanks.Bye, Max
I am not 100% on how all variants of the B767 or Airline Options make the APU fuel flow behave in all real world options,but the Level D 767 APU does draw fuel from the PORT AFT fuel tank, but does not require the booster pump to be on for it to stay running (like the MD80 for example). YUou can see this when you start the APU, and the PRESS light on the fuel pump goes off.As for your issue where you loose electrical power, can you verify that the APU is running before you shut down the engines? I believe the FO turns the lower EICAS screen on to "STATUS", so you should be easily able to tell that the APU is running at full speed, along with the "RUN" light on the overhead panel, before killing the engines.Otherwise something else is happening here. I have flown the Level D 767 many many times, have had several issues with it, but the APU not stay running has never been one of them.Screenshots of your next flight when you are ready to shutdown the engines at the gate would help figure this out as well.Maybe you are activating a APU-less after landing checklist perhaps? Or am I getting things confused with the Maddog version of FS2Crew?

Thanks guys!Yesterday I checked the APU and you're right, it works with all fuel pumps OFF.I'll check with FS2Crew as soon as possible but at this point I suppose I did something wrong during the shutdown checklist :( Bye, Max