Sign in to follow this  
jfv

Eaglesoft Citation X Frustrations

I fly the ES CX all the time and I can find very little to complain about with the plane. I have both the FS9 and the FSX versions and they act exactly the same as far as the FMS goes. I have experienced this FMS programming "problem" many times and I did comment about it on the ES forum a while back. I stopped thinking it was a problem once I understood what was going on. Here's what I found - if you use the in-game planner to plot a course, it will select waypoints and present to you a suggested route for your flight. I don't want to get into how FSX selects waypoints because I have zero knowledge of the algorithm used. But it does select some waypoints that have the exact same name as other waypoints in the world database. The function cannot make the distinction which waypoint to use in these cases so it does nothing. On my CX, I edited the panel.cfg file to include the GPS 500 popup for when this happens. I open the GPS and manually enter the flight into the FMS line-by-line, and I always find that one (or more) of the waypoints will turn out to have multiple choices, one of which will be located within the country I am flying over. I simply select the appropriate waypoint from the list and the FMS works as advertised the rest of the trip. I do not know of any workaround. Also, I don't know how to determine which waypoint names are duplicated in the world database quickly without having some tool handy to ALT-TAB to for a search. I think it would take about as long to do that as it does to just manually enter it anyway.I hope this helps you to understand why it does this, and if anybody has a method of omitting duplicate world waypoints from the flightplan I would be interested in trying it.EDIT: I see somebody did mention this at ES - http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=123 so I'm sorry for the duplicated information.