Sign in to follow this  
SAS263

Any way to teach voc recog sw specific words?

Greetings,I am simply unable to pronounce the word "on" so that the voice recognition software recognises it when running the JS41. I´m ususally able to use "set" instead in checklist but I fail when commanding "autopilot on". Can´t remember if I ever tried commanding "autopilot set", would that be a work around?Anyway, I´d much rather be able to do some sort of voice training for that word. I´m running Win XP and have gone through the training texts. Whenever I read out "on" in those texts it is properly recognized so I´m a bit stumped. It´s not a huge issue since I usually have the 2D popup with the AP button and heading/course knobs open during take off and landing, but it´s still annoying to have that one word being recognized.Cheers!

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Greetings,I am simply unable to pronounce the word "on" so that the voice recognition software recognises it when running the JS41. I´m ususally able to use "set" instead in checklist but I fail when commanding "autopilot on". Can´t remember if I ever tried commanding "autopilot set", would that be a work around?Anyway, I´d much rather be able to do some sort of voice training for that word. I´m running Win XP and have gone through the training texts. Whenever I read out "on" in those texts it is properly recognized so I´m a bit stumped. It´s not a huge issue since I usually have the 2D popup with the AP button and heading/course knobs open during take off and landing, but it´s still annoying to have that one word being recognized.Cheers!
Hi,Best thing to do is just to say "autopilot on" in different ways until you see it in the green bar. You can practice this without doing a flight.Just change up your accent/intonation a bit till you find which intonation works.As for training specific words, I'll look into it. It may be possible.Best,