Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

FSX Booster....any good?

I installed the demo version last night and it messed my cfg file up badly.When I ran FSX it asked for permission again for all my add-on's and the default airtrike was nowhere to be found.I restarted and had to redo all my settings and all my aircraft were gone.I uninstalled the program and than had to redo again my config settings but the program some how messed up my video drivers for the Nivida card. JeffG HP Pavilion Elite m9350fAMD Phenom X4 9850 Quad Core6 gigs ramNivida 9800GT Vista 64 Service Pack 2FSX with the Acceleration Pack

Jeffrey Gerbert

Guest EJTENC

Don't waste money on this. With a bit of patience, reading skills and copy/paste abilities you'll be able to do this free of charge. See the excellent posts of Nick http://www.simforums...topic29041.html or even the ones of ******* Bojote (He even has his cfg online) http://forums1.avsim...p0-conclusions/This product, just like the multicore one appeals to the drive of us as a community to get the sliders as much to the right as possible. That money is better spend on your savings account as a start for the next computer upgrade

Guest FarOutInFernley

pure snake oil..it messed my cfg file up bad...addons i had installed quit working...basically made me do an entire reinstall of the sim this morning...the addon is 100 percent a POS....youre paying it to do edits you can do for free yourself, and it does the edits bad enuiff to totally screw up the cfg

pure snake oil..it messed my cfg file up bad...addons i had installed quit working...basically made me do an entire reinstall of the sim this morning...the addon is 100 percent a POS....youre paying it to do edits you can do for free yourself, and it does the edits bad enuiff to totally screw up the cfg
So it messed with the xml files as well as the fsx.cfg ?

Guest Garcia

Hi,I used the latest version which offers the ability to save changes from FSX while Booster is running. Also the frames was even better

Guest freebird77
just tried this last night for s&g. lost about 40%. stick with nick's advice.
Ditto!!!

I had booster installed and found no appreciable inprovement but when version 2.2 came out and I installed it the program would not even load. Error comes up "cannot get internet connection, blocked by firewall" , well sorry mate, my firewall is set up to allow connection! :angry:FSPS support is next to useless :Bring It On:ps FSPS Multicore Environment Advanced is crap also.

I found that it improves performance on the ground significantly. I even posted some benchmarks on the screenshot forum.When I combined the settings that ******* Bojote's site applied with FSPS FSX booster it increased my FPS even further.I personally think it is well worth the bucks.

Dear FSX colleagues: I'm afraid I have only good reviews about FSX BOOSTER and XTREME FSX PC which I use in conjunction with nHancer. My Frame Rates have kept well within acceptable range even when dealing with troublesome airports like London's Heathrow which previously used to cause havoc with my flying. My FR would plunge to about 4 whenever I used FSX.NOW even with complicated large airplanes it remains an acceptable 17-20 FR in or around Heathrow. With other more forgiving airport environments it is even more useful. What really pleases me is the fact that now it takes me about 5 seconds to start FSX AND also 4-5 seconds to display the FREE FLIGHT window. Both systems have indeed improved my playing. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, Intel Core Duo CPU E8500 @3.16Hz, memory 4096MB RAM. A modest GeForce 9600 GT card. I REGULARLY DEFRAG my system and also run FSX discs and "repair" my FSX software, incuding my FSX Acceleration addon. I do believe this is a marked improvement on what I had before. I'm not a well versed PC enthusiast and I do appreciate this extra help. I think that I could do even better with a better card than the one I have now (nvidia GeForce 9600 GT) . Any suggestions would be appreciated. ThanksStraight%20Face.gif

Hi,Since no one has disclosed whether or not this utility makes any changes to the fsx.cfg file, I can only assume that since it is running while fsx is running, it modifies something dynamically but no one seems to know what that something is. Has anyone noticed if the general quality of the output is the same? Has there been any autogen removed? Does it possibly lock the frames? Does it change the color to 16 bit? I would be very skeptical about a product which has claims but does not offer any technical information as to what it does to "your" fsx files if anything. If this is something that you can return i.e. Flight one, then it might be worth a try but I would still be hesitant to try it, not knowing what the risks are. There has been some incredible advice and discoveries over the past year which for many, fsx is now playable. I am tempted to say "snake oil" , unless of course quality output is being affected in lieu of better frames or smoothness.RegardsBob