Sign in to follow this  
yellow5

FSD Commander 114 gauge help?

I posted this at FSD's forum, but am posting this hear to see if anyone has had this problem, or may know how to assist me in fixing mine. FSD basically said it was my problem and did not give me any real solution on how to fix it. I can except this as maybe no one else has experienced this gauge issue.Here are my specs:Windows XP SP1Motherboard: Epox 8RDA + main boardProcessor: AMD XP2500 Barton CPUMemory: PC2700 1gb Geil DDRHard Drive: SEA HDD IDE 40GB 7M 40GPPHard Drive: Western Digital 40gb 8mb cacheMonitor 15 LCD Flat Panel Display (15 viewable)Video Card: ATI Radeon 9500 ProSound Card: Creative Labs Audigy 2 My problem:I have tried to use the version of the C115 in FS9. About the time of take off and when I start to make my first turn the screen goes black and FS9 crashes to the desktop. I think I have found the problem. It has something to do with the radio stack. When I do not tune in a VOR everything is fine, but when I tune in the VOR that is when FS9 crashes. I tried to replace the VOR gauges but this did not fix it. Then I tried to replace the radio stack and the radio stack does not turn on to make inputs. I assume the Commander will only use the radio stack that has been created for it.Is there a way to replace the radio stack with the one that is used by the FSD Seneca? I can fly the FSD Seneca with no problem. Thank you for your suggestions. I am looking forward to hearing how I can change the radio stack.

Guest SoarPics

First thing I'd do is re-install DirectX. This will be the most painless option. Failing that:If you migrated the Commander from FS2K2, I would completely uninstall the aircraft from FS9 and use FSD's install tool to get it into the new sim. You could use a print-out of the Panel.cfg to quickly scan the Gauges folder in FS9 and delete all the Commander gauges. Check for other Commander files in the FS9 directory. After deleting from FS9, do a soft reboot and try installing directly to FS9 using FSD's installer.If you still have problems, then you may have to remove the product from your system entirely (FS9 and FS2K2). I suggest that you carefully study your Windows registry and delete any reference to the Commander (FSD's machine binding looks at your machine specs, and may very well leave traces in the registry).Once you are sure that you've removed all traces of the Commander from your system, do a reboot and use FSD's FS2004 installer to get the Commander into the new sim.Good luck,

Try these lines in your panel.cfg file[Window02]size_mm=250, 516BACKGROUND_COLOR=2,2,2position=8visible=0ident=RADIO_STACK_PANEL gauge00=FSDC1152k2!Audio_panel,0,0gauge01=FSDC1152k2!NAV1_Radio,0,51gauge02=FSDC1152k2!NAV2_Radio,0,234gauge03=FSDC1152k2!ADF_radio,0,339gauge04=FSDC1152k2!Transponder,0,390gauge05=FSDC1152k2!Autopilot,0,452There was a thread about this in the FSD forum, maybe it was deleted or you could search their archive.John

Yes do what John says. The problem with the FSD Commander 115 is as soon as the HSI captures a VOR it crashes FS2004. The offending gauge is the new NAV/COM radio that was added in the FS2004 migration patch. You will have to change the panel.cfg as shown above to use the older versions of the NAV/COM radios. I posted the info on what to do to stop the crashes in the FSD forum but the message was deleted after a week or so and I can't really say that FSD has responded to the problem other than "we are looking into it".Todd

Todd and John,That is exactly what is happening. Thank you so very much for the fix. I will give it a try.Thank you.

Hey yellow5.I read your post on the FSD forum and I could not believe Tim's reply to you. This is a known problem and why he would say that other users are not reporting a similar problem is just unbelievable. And then to state that it could be a DirectX problem and that the fix "would have to be on your system" is ridiculous!I just do not understand Tim and Steve's position on the problems that some users are reporting with their aircraft when used in FS2004. They seem to feel because they can't replicate the problem then it has to be our problem.Todd

John and eveyone that posted their help....THANK YOU! Because of the panel edit I have been able to enjoy the C115 with no troubles. Thank you again for your assistance.

I have another question for you. After applying the fix to the radio stack I have noticed that when I tune in the ADF the needle is backwards. Meaning: The arrow is pointing away from the station when you are actually flying towrds it. Any idea on why this would be? Not that it matters too much because atleast the aircraft isn't crashing FS2004 anymore.Thank you again to everyone and all their ideas and support.