Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

FSNavigator and FSBuild

Guest JosephSAnderson

I am looking into buying a Flight Planner. Would appreciate opinions on FSBuild and FSNavigator, as they appear to do the same thing. At the same time, the FSBuild web site describes FSNavigator as a "supported app."I will wait for the FS2004 version for both, but would like to know the differences between the two products.Thanks,Joe

FS Navigator is free to try for 30 sessions... FS Build has a freeware version... so why dont you try..They do not do the same thing..b rdgs Dick

FSbuild is mainly concerned with the actual planning of a route - which DP/STAR to use, what airway path, calculating fuel burns etc. I haven't bought 2.0 yet, but plan too as soon as I have some extra cash.FSNav acts more (at least the way I use it) as a detailed moving map and searchable navaid/airport database. It's far more convienent than pausing the sim to open the map view to get an ILS freq/course etc... It does have some features that will couple it to the default FS autopilot, but I hardly ever fly default planes.Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Jim Burke

The 2004 version of FSNav was released yesterday. It is an excellent program. I've used it for the past two years in FS2002. As another post states you can try it for 30 sessions. It is much easier to use than the GPS in FS2004. If you purchase the program any updates are free. Try it...you'll like it!!Jim Burke

Joe - Both do an excellent job of flight planning. But the moving map feature and utility of FSNavigator make it, IMHO, the best single addon ever for MSFS. You can download and try the freeware version of FSBuild (it has all the basics of the payware version) and FSNavigator is good for 20 free used before requiring reqistration. Try them both. I'll bet you opt for FSNavigator (I own them both).Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.